Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh Yeah the For Marlenas + Hattie, It would be interesting knowing how them all turned out! I can picture, 1. SOAP STAR, 2. Late Vixen Who Was Murdered after worming her way into an Wealthy Family, Marlena could be confused with her, 3. Powerful Business Mogul, 4. Artist

Please register in order to view this content

, it would be interesting if they revisited that aspect of Stefano's Obsession With Marlena

• Members

Ron seems obsessed with these Marlena clones.   No other writer including JER even mentioned it again and Ron brings up that fact on a regular basis.  I don't really need Ron to delve into what happened to the clones, but it is weird how casually everyone in town mentions Marlena has clones just hanging out somewhere in the world.   I'd rather it be forgotten tbh, but at the same time I am slightly curious where they ended up and what their lives are like.

• Members

If this became common knowledge, I'm guessing it was sometime in the last year and half with the Possession 2.0 storyline and I just forgot. Otherwise, nobody knew about the 4 Marlena Clones gallivanting all over the world. 

I guess it's just one of those things that happen without an onscreen mention, like Kristen's 2012 return with nary a mention that everyone thought she was dead (really Penelope Kent) or Tommy Horton dying at some point in time. 

Re: Body & Soul.... DAYS is such a parody of a soap opera now. I can't take any of this garbage seriously. Even the alleged high stakes stuff like the rooftop shootout with Paulina, Chanel, etc. is done in such a frenetic, over-the-top, amateurish manner, complete with rinky-dink, clownish and patronizing background music. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

It was discussed a few times during the Possession, Rolf has talked about it, and Megan mentioned she killed one of the clones for Marlena's body when she faked her death.   I know Leo has talked about it as well so I would assume everyone knows.  I don't believe I have ever heard Marlena or John speak about it though.

With Kristen, didn't they have Marlena or John say that they found out she was alive off-screen years before?   To me that's even worse than not mentioning it.  A major revelation happened and we never saw or heard about it until Kristen is back and did Kristen even delve into to her years as a sex slave?

• Members

Yeah, I know it's been mentioned several times in the last 1.5 years; I just don't recall who discussed it first. It's funny that something so vague and secretive suddenly becomes common knowledge, as if Stefano bragged about it to anyone who would listen.  

I don't remember John/Marlena ever discussing finding Kristen alive offhandedly. I would've thought the shock and awe of her being alive in the first place would've been touched upon in a grand fashion when she returned in 2012, but it was instead glossed over as if everyone in Salem somehow knew how the whole Killing Pool murder of 1998 really panned out. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Sorry.  I read your post as asking if the clones have been mentioned lol.  I think Rolf brought it up first even before the Possession telling someone about it.  So maybe Rolf was just telling anyone who would listen.  It's always used in a jokey way, but if everyone knows maybe John should have made sure Marlena's body was her body and all that if there were clones running around.

I want to say Marlena was the one who said they found out Kristen was alive and maybe even mentioned it to Kristen in their initial conversation with one another.  But that was the first us viewers ever heard about it as far as I know. Anyway, agreed it was a missed oppurtunity to not have the shock value of Kristen appearing alive out of nowhere.   I also found it strange that most people in Salem were so aware of Kristen and her misdeeds despite her being dead for years. 

• Members

Well, at least one of the clones is dead since Megan mentioned using it for Marlena's apparent "death" (which raises the question if Megan had the clone killed?). 

Also, I think Tommy Horton was mentioned as being alive like ten years ago. I'm not sure if they've mentioned him dying since then. 

• Members

Guess I gotta brush up on my Days history this weekend

Please register in order to view this content

I wouldn’t be surprised if he had pitched a story involving the clones and it got turned down 

Edited by AbcNbc247