Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Eric and Nicole were the best part of today. I like how they can still have some kind of relationship despite everything that’s happened between the two of them. Their storyline can be taken in so many different directions and I’m looking forward to it. 

I liked the party scenes too, but everything felt a little rushed and formulaic. They should have taken their time with it a little bit, instead of having Harris burst in so quickly.

I think those are the biggest problems on the show right now. Slow it down and a little and try not to make everything so predictable and things could improve really start to improve. 

Btw, it’s well past the time for Rolf to be killed off. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dislike guns on soaps, but that was a suspenseful cliffhanger.  To me, it lacks creativity to have an evil scientist like Rolf and not be able to think of alternative ways to get rid of an enemy rather than shooting them.  And the time specific memory erasing drugs are also ridiculous.  There must have been some other out where Megan could have blackmailed EJ and Kristen to keep it a secret that they were kidnapped, which would have created more conflict for EJ and Nicole, and played this whole thing out a little longer.

The Mar-a-lago line (much like the submarine earlier in the week), was so coincidental to recent events it almost makes you forget that the FBI raid was in August 2022.  It is interesting (not a compliment) that they slip contemporary references into the scripts, given that they have no idea how they will play out six months from now.

I also just noticed that Megan and Abe's storyline will come to a resolution in July.  DAYS doesn't need to be concerned about August sweeps while on streaming, so we don't get that GH cycle of events being drawn out until February, May, and August. 

@AbcNbc247 I agree about the pacing, but it is all over the place.  Harris's brainwashing is rushed, but EJ and Kristen haven't been able to go to the bathroom for an entire month.  We were told that Abe's been kidnapped for three weeks, but Nicole is already in her second trimester, and she got in April.  And don't get me started on the ages,  - Colin is nine years younger than Sloan, but Dimitri is turning 40, so how old is Gwen?  BTW excellent point about Tripp going to work drunk.

I've forgotten why Gabi and Gwen wouldn't like each other, also Gwen's dress is ugly.  It would have been nice for Patch and Harris to have one more scene before he went to work for Kate.  And speaking of Kate, why is she more invested in Rafe and Jada's relationship than Chad and Stephanie's romance.  We were told she cherished Chad while she was his step-mother, but recently they never seem to catch-up.

Well, I guess that's it for June, see you in the July thread...

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought it was good too, but it’s just been the same thing over and over again. The brainwashing/programming angle didn’t need to happen again. I wish they throw us a curveball once in a while and totally surprise us.

And judging by your observations, it seems that not only do they need to hire someone to fix the pacing, but they need to hire someone to maintain continuity

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah, it feels like Megan has been wasting time by not figuring out her next steps while EJ and Kristen were tied up.  She seems too smart to kidnap someone, and not have a plan for how to keep them in check.  Her sudden connection to Li feels out of left field.  And I would have enjoyed a couple scenes of her sparing with Kate, Marlena, and Kayla before she got written into a corner.

Megan could've figured out that Eric fathered Nicole's baby and threatened to tell her if EJ didn't allow her to take over DI and stay silent about being coerced, there were other options available.  I was hoping that she would somehow be connected to Colin and Sloan, like she was their mother who they thought was dead.  Give her the Stefano curse of a thousand kids all over Salem!

Edited by j swift

• Members

Hi all, I saw a promo about Abe's apparent "death" and that prompted a thought, who of the current cast hasn't been mistaken for dead? I assume a lot of the newbies. I'm just so curious, it's such a prevalent plot device on this show.

• Members

I don't think Xander has. Gwen, neither. Wendy hasn't... Johnny was, as a kid. I don't think Paulina and Chanel have been presumed dead. Or Gabi, but I might be forgetting something there. 

Actually, Brady has been at death's door but I don't think has ever been presumed dead! He's probably the longest-running character right now who hasn't been. What a cartoon.

• Members

Quick headcount of the presumed dead of Salem

1. Most of the older crowd have been presumed dead multiple times: Marlena, John, Kayla, Steve, Roman, Kate
  2. The existing Melaswen crew: Tony, Maggie, Abe, Jack
  3. Those brought back from the dead: EJ, Stefan

That's all that I can think of.  Maybe it's generational in Salem, you're not presumed dead until you reach a certain age.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Leo was thought to have been killed when Will and Sonny rolled him up in that carpet. Nicole "died" in that warehouse explosion. I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty of people.

I don't think Justin has ever been thought dead, though I could be forgetting something.

• Errol unpinned and unfeatured this topic