Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The bulk majority of DAYS is written as parody. The music exacerbates all the wacky, silly, goofball hijinks. 

It's like Carlivati went to the writing school of Marc Cherry but dropped out because there weren't enough doppelgangers, so he never learned how to properly blend shades of humor with drama. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To be fair, Jada's only other co-workers on-screen are Shawn (the drunk), Trask (the drunk who sleeps around with former witnesses), and Abe (the kidnap victim with a head injury), so maybe she not that concerned?

Edited by j swift

• Members

She said numerous times she would never be back "in Salem," for one thing. That's why she agreed to do a BS special but not the main show originally. 

Editing to avoid drama even though my post has been quoted. I still think the recent Bope arc was a mess and there were a lot of production constraints at play, which have been discussed elsewhere.

Edited by Michael

• Members

I hear you. I just don't think that Bo & Hope storyline would have worked on Beyond Salem 3, either. There's no DAYS universe where that story works.

I've read numerous interviews with KA, but I've never seen one that mentioned she'd never be back in Salem. If she had said that, soap Twitter would have blown up. Do you have a link?

I'm not Alfonso fanboy, but what you're implying just sounds like unfounded gossip to me, all under the "Kristian Alfonso is Difficult" umbrella.

She had a problem with younger love interests and expressed that for years? She was a pain in the ass with that stuff? DAYS catered to get out of her what they did?

I cannot remember reading any of this except as rumor. If it came out of KA's mouth, I'd love to read the interviews.

• Members

I think the biggest problem was that we never had a sense that Hope was looking for Bo or had any idea that he was "out there somewhere." The audience was longing for it, but that was never baked into what we saw onscreen. Super-weird. 

I also have a (completely unfounded) theory that the showdown where Bo was about to shoot Kate was the original climax of the BS3 story, and that was supposed to be Hope on the other end of the gun and that's where Shawn would've shot Bo. So perhaps BS3 itself would've been confined to that lab setting rather than all the crap with "Bo Kiriakis" taking Kayla to Greece.

It says a lot that the absolute best part of the entire arc was that final episode where Hope was at the hospital with Shawn and Ciara.