Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS' music catalog is awful and it has been for years. It sounds rinky-dink, cheesy, cliché at times, and kind of patronizing the way they use it -- telling us something is dramatic instead of the story standing on its own merit. The other soaps use background music to enhance the moment; DAYS uses it like a dollar store crutch. 

• Members

LOL! I've been meaning to comment on this cheesy melody song for like months! And I guess today, I had one of those: "Oh, yeah! You know what?" moments. God, I hate that melody. It grinds my gears and it's so Little House it's not even funny. Yes, I do splurge on Little House from time to time believe it or not as Nellie Olson is my addiction. So, whenever you hear that stupid melody, just remember I bitched about it first. 

There's also a tense melody they play for suspenseful scenes. It's the one where it sounds like someone just turned on the patio lights and they picked up a brick of some sort and all these cockroaches are in panic mode scattering around everywhere along with earthworms on top of the soil.

Guiding Light always had the best music in my opinion. Y&R did too. I remember on Guiding Light, they had this song called Rabbit Soup for the Blake/Ross/Tory triangle. But anywhoos, yes, I'm a music lover and I pay attention to that kind of stuff. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

They've had that weird 'sinister' redneck country twang cue they've been playing for at least 20 years - it's like, a sinister harmonica lol. It uses to drive me up the wall when they would attempt half-decent stories at a few points over the years (the early Sheffer regime, the McPherson/Thomas stuff) and anything good would be undermined by the cheesy DAYS production house style of weird flashbacks and lighting and that fùcking country music cue. idk if they still use it.

Oh sweet lord.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Something tells me that "Peacock money" was never a real thing. This is literally Death by a Thousand Cuts.

It's really a shame. I enjoy the actor and the character. Carlivati does WAY too much shuffling in-and-out with characters.

Especially awful is that track used at the end of every episode. Jesus, that's bad.

• Members

Agreed about the Bonnie 'cold' scenes.  I am not sure why it was necessary.  It doesn't add anything to the story or the scenes.  JE and WK could have done those scenes without the obnoxiousness of the cold.  

I am also really unclear about the Alex/Maggie/Brady scenes-

1. I don't know what Alex did wrong.  He didn't steal this guy from Maggie.  He disliked Titan's pitch, Alex knew what the client wanted, and made a deal.  The Million Dollar Listing guy had already walked away from Titan for good.  I can't fault Alex's actions.  I guess he could have told Brady, but in the end Brady would have went ahead with it anyway.

2.  How is a clothing company a competitor for Titan?  I never try to think too hard about Days business stories, but Basic Black would seem like a competitor for Gabi Chic not Titan Enterprises. 

3. Is Maggie the villian here?  I know they are trying to prop Alex, but Maggie is much more unlikeable than usual and she does seem out of her league.  It would be one thing if she was being a bit of a tyrant and good at her job, but she seems incompetent as well.  

I don't mind Patch/Kayla scenes, but they and John/Marlena really seem to have the same sort of conversations over and over again.  It's cute, but I wish their scenes were a little more exciting.

• Members

I have some tips for the citizens of Salem

Note to Stephanie Johnson, if your middle-aged parents throw a pizza party at the mere suggestion that you might be going out for dinner, they don't want you to live with them, pack it up, and get your own place.

Note to Tripp, if your entire family doesn't acknowledge that you've been back in town for two weeks, they also don't want you around.

Note to Justin, if your wife is rocking pigtails and pj's in her 50s, get out now, it's not getting any better.