Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today was pretty good. Even Leo and Kristen were (somewhat) tolerable 

Please register in order to view this content

I like how Shawn confronting Megan ultimately ruined Harris and Kate’s plan. In some ways, it’ll keep a good storyline going. Hopefully, Shawn and this storyline will be featured more. This is all too important to only appear once a week. If Martha’s schedule is a problem, then they should have Brandon in scenes with other characters. Shawn has so much family on the canvas and that lack of appearances from Belle could cause more conflict between the two of them in the future. 

Kate encouraging Eric and Sloan was good too. It was nice to see a character’s words or actions move a story along, instead of something so outlandish and over the top. 

As for Dimitri/Gwen, I still don’t mind it. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Uncle Ron was a little annoyed by their makeout session I wonder who wrote today’s script and breakdown. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Today's episode was pretty boring.  I only liked Shawn and Belle.  It would have been nice to see Marlena/Belle talk about Shawn.  Too bad Dee's guarantees this week were waisted on the Body and Soul crap.  

The Kate/Eric/Sloan scenes were weird.  She doesn't really know Sloan at all and has a close relationship with Eric that we never really saw develop onscreen.  

I have to agree with @AbcNbc247.  I don't mind Gwen/Dmitri yet either.  The story is starting out pretty decently.  I am sure it will go to sh*t soon, but so far I think it's okay.

• Members

Today had some really good family scenes. It was nice to see those bonds between everyone. It almost felt like classic soap. Salem actually felt like a community again. But at the same time, I feel like this crap with the crazy nurse diminishes it all somehow. Even if it was taken seriously and not written like some cringey, campy joke, I would still feel this way.

Btw, is Bill Hayes now the oldest actor to ever work on a soap? 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don't know why, but I feel like Abe's story would be much more effective if Renee Jones were back and playing Kim Coles' role.  Of course, RJ's return wouldn't be permanent, since she's probably very happy in her retirement; and Whitley couldn't be working as a nurse at University Hospital, since it would seem odd to have someone who looks like Lexie working where she had worked but nobody bats an eye about it.  On the other hand, Abe could have recurring, gauzy flashbacks of Lexie and assume that that person and the individual who's keeping him now are one and the same, with RJ's Whitley maintaining the illusion that they have been together for a very long time.