Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Webmaster

I sent a lengthy email asking for further information on this to TPTB in response to the one I received about it. I haven't heard back yet. Either what I said will generate a response, or I'll be banned from covering the show; only time will tell. All I know is no one I've spoken to thought it was a good idea/plan, and they've voiced their opinions on the matter already. Will any of it have an impact? So far, I can't say it will. 

The person now set to oversee PR responsibilities on Monday already has a full-time job at the show, and Peacock has refused to handle PR for the show; they were also against this decision, it would appear. It's a mess!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

You'd think...

B&B and Y&R now remain the only shows with in-house PR and assistance from a third party and partial CBS direct. GH has in-house PR, technically. Their PR person is part-time.

I didn't say they (Peacock) were angry about it. Just that they aren't interested in handling the show's daily PR needs and that they don't agree with the decision made by the show. 

• Members

I like how angsty everything was for Brady/Chloe/Xander/Sarah/Rex. They really should have played it as one big story involving all of them, instead of them all being in individual story bubbles until this point. 

And after today, I’m pretty convinced that there’s like a civil war in the writers room over Maggie

Please register in order to view this content

Some want her as the villain, some want Alex as the villain. But either way, I’m still Team Maggie

Do we know who made the decision yet?

• Members

The only reason I can see them conceivably doing this is to try and force Peacock's hand in handling the PR. Either that or they just don't it'll affect the viewing figures and it's an unnecessary cost.

• Members

Yikes, I just assumed they were moving under the banner of Peacock PR and this was an outgrowth of shifting away from NBC. More belt-tightening by Ken & co.!

I also never thought there was going to be "Peacock money" (why would there be?) aside from whatever was going to be Beyond Salem 3 being folded into the main show.

• Members

If DAYS were rolling aas a good show right now, things like losing p.r. people wouldn't hit as hard. However, since the show is a mess storywise, it just comes off as another nail in the coffin. We start seeing cost-cutting everywhere -- including where there hasn't been any.

IMO, the Bo & Hope story debacle really hurt.  It was a chance to use history and legacy and iconic soap actors to reel in lapsed viewers and hold on to the audience it has. The result was a complete and utter failure, on every level, with no impact on future storytelling.

Actors are shuffled in and out SO often that it's laughable. If we like a return, that actor is gone a few months later. Production-wise, we were fooled by a couple new sets that looked good. Lately, the show looks dark and dingy to me, as if someone dimmed all the lights to hide the sets. Maybe DAYS can save even more money by throwing up a black curtain and having the actors perform  everything in front of it. Who needs sets?

And now ANOTHER day with Bonnie and her bad cold??? Jesus.

• Members

Yeah I remember him tweeting that but something always seemed fishy about it. Why would they promote something so much only to completely botch the resolution?

And, agreed that Jamey Giddens is not a reliable source lol if Ron said 2+2=7, Jamey would promote it as fact. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I spent most of today's episode wondering what time it is supposed to be in Salem.

It is always so dark that it is hard to tell.

Maggie was still rushing around town while Brady and Alex were at work.  Meanwhile, Chad and Stephanie are eating dinner, while Kayla and Patch must have finished their pizza by now.  Is it 5pm? 8:00? Close to midnight? Who knows?  But, I'd advise Chad not to take a job as #2 to a boss who doesn't know the boundaries of not interrupting during a date. 

I'm also puzzled by Sarah's dilemma.  She's not concerned about the fact that it is cruel to deny Xander from knowing the truth.  They've both moved on romantically (sort of).  And she lives in another city, so she wouldn't be compelled to share custody.  This isn't 1962, she doesn't need to worry about social stigma.  So, her motive for lying bares no logic, and there's no consequence for telling the truth.

Kyle Lowder is handsome, but the sun damage is distracting.  I saw him shilling skin care on social media, which is like buying diet supplements from Jack Black.

And, in my book, all musical montages of people wistfully looking at pictures of their long-lost loves serves as fast-forward material.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I absolutely do not believe the network mandated Bo and Hope not reunite. I can see them wanting to keep the story open but that's not the same thing. Ron learned the wrong lessons from his many rounds of storyline musical chairs/stall tactics with FV at OLTL and GH.