General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It practically writes itself: Michael makes a deal with Sonny to not kill Dex. As a result, Sonny puts him to work at Kristina’s shelter and away from his organization. But Joss being the POS that she is, starts nagging and whining about Dex still being close to Sonny. And that eventually pushes him into Kristina’s arms and bed.

And when Joss finds out, she goes crawling back to Cam and he tells her to go f**k herself

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Really hate that Zeke's been in all of two episodes, while looking incredible handsome and charismatic despite GH's strenuous exposition laden dry dialogue, and already saddled with charisma vacuum Commissioner Barbie because GH is a black and white checkerboard apparently.

Jordan couldn't have possibly run into eligible bachelor Caucasian Cody or Derma Filler Finn. No, no Zeke couldn't be in town to romance a returning Lucas or as a spoiler to BLQ and Chase's Sweet Valley Highjinks. 

• Members

Good for him. I think we’re stuck with either the subpar temp recast or a nuMolly or possibly shelving this entire story (I wouldn’t cry about it).

Speaking of recasts, Kristina was recast only to not be seen for two weeks. I don’t want to read too much into it but perhaps they’re deciding if this rumored surrogacy story is even worth exploring with both roles recast?

• Members

Well, welcome to Port Charles, Uncle Zeke

Please register in order to view this content

Jordan’s never struck me as the hookup type though. But IMO, this could all actually lead to a pretty interesting story, especially with Curtis being confused about his kiss with Jordan.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I agree, @Darn.  If I were in Frank Valentini's position, I definitely would consider shelving the story, if not axing it altogether.  It's gonna be a tough story to sell with two of the characters involved in it being recast.

• Members

Is Haley Pullos that great or that much of a force though?  I haven't liked the recast and don't care about the story one way or the other, but I don't think HP makes or breaks the story.  It might be a hard sell but Kristina was always going to be recast.  I don't think you necessarily have to shelve the whole story because of HP's behavior making it impossible for her to continue. Maybe move it more slowly to get to know the recasts?  I certainly would give the story a bit more grace just because I know the recast of Molly wasn't GH's decision.  It would be nice for Molly/Kristina to finally get a story.

• Members

Agreed.  I think it would also be unfair to Mansi, NLG, TB, et all that were going to get a good, meaty story. TJ and Kristina have been waiting for years for this! I would rather they find a more suitable, permanent Molly recast than get rid of the whole story.  It's not ideal, but it doesn't seem right to scrap the whole thing over one actresses issues.

• Members

Exactly. From my POV, the choice of Holiday Mia Kriegel was a very last-minute choice, given that both she and Kate Mansi began on the same day (days post-Haley Pullos' car accident), so I know it is not easy for her to jump into the role last-minute, and it is nothing against her (judging from Mansi's social media she and Kriegel have gotten close), but it would be my choice to recast the character with a more suitable replacement. But, who knows... maybe Kriegel will prove herself in the coming weeks...? I tend to give temporary replacements more wiggle room than permanent ones, especially since it appears TPTB had a limited window of time to replace Pullos for the shooting schedule.

• Members

Awesome!  I thought he'd lose, and am so glad he did.  Ingo will NEVER be back ON GH and probably NEVER on an ABC network series.   He could also be persona non grata for the other soaps as well.  GH should eventually re-cast Jax with a native Aussie though, he's Joss's father and Carly's ex.  I great re-cast would be a much better love interest for Carly.  Laura Wright(Carly) once said in an interview that Jax was her choice for Carly.

Tahj Bellow is a good actor.  Don't agree at all with your characterization of the actor. 

I agree GH needs to hire a better actress to portray Molly. I'd also love for a new Molly to be put on contract as well. I wonder if GH had or was going to finally put Haley Pullos on contract before this mess.   Anyone got any ideas of a good recast for Molly? 

I came across Courtney Grosbeck (ex-Coco Spectra, B&B), her current pics appear to look like she might be a good re cast?  I don't watch B&B, so what did people think of her.  She is 22 in real-life, while Pullos is 24.   Lindsay Arnold (ex-Allie, DAYS) is the right age, but I'd dye her hair brown and don't think she's right for the role anyhow.  

Courtney Grosbeck - IMDb

Edited by David_Vickers
added more to my comment