General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Maxie is moving out of the cheap two-bedroom apartment that she has been living in since 2008 for a larger place.

Spencer and Trina will not use Victor's Box of Fake Evidence to have Esme arrested again.

Esme will not leave town like Portia wants.

Kevin appeared on screen for the first time since mid-March, only to agree to go to Chechnya with Laura.

Spencer will wait until Laura and Kevin have left for Chechnya, and then he will use the Box of Fake Evidence to blackmail Esme to get custody of Ace. Esme will reject the blackmail and move out of Laura's place. I think she and Ace will move into Maxie's old apartment. Spencer will no longer be living with his brother. He will come to Esme's place and demand to see Ace, and Esme will respond with a restraining order. Portia will see this and then seek an equivalent in order to keep Spencer away from Trina.

• Members

It isn't that I regard HP so highly and want to see her continue with this storyline, @carolineg.  If anything, I think GH should have recast Molly and Kristina years ago, lol.  However, HP had portrayed Molly for YEARS before her arrest.  For better or for worse, GH viewers are familiar with her, just as they had become familiar with Lexi Ainsworth as Kristina.  I realize the timing isn't great, but I think to place Haley's AND Lexi's replacements front-and-center in a potentially timely storyline right as they're joining the show would be a mistake, simply because viewers need time to get to know BOTH recasts before investing themselves emotionally in such a heavy storyline featuring them.  Getting accustomed to seeing Kate Mansi as Kristina right as the story was kicking into gear was obstacle enough, but getting accustomed to her AND to a nuMolly?  At the very least, like you've suggested, @carolineg, the show should pump the proverbial brakes and let the story progress slowly until they're sure the audience is invested enough in the new actors.

I agree, @Liberty City, and I think it was a mistake to do that, too.  Again, not because I'm a Lexi fan (I'm not), but because her long association with the show necessitated telling the story with her as Kristina.  If the show didn't believe she could play that storyline effectively, then they should have either scrapped it at the idea stage, or recast (which they have done) and waited at least 6 months to a year before writing it with Kate in the part.

• Members

I get your point.  I do think the best way to make this story work is to play it slowly.  I already think Kate Mansi is doing a pretty good job and I actually really liked Lexi.  I would also say that I did think Haley was capable of a lot more than she got as well.   As an audience member I am willing to give the show some leniency of this story.  I am not even particularly invested in another baby story, but I would just feel bad for everyone else involved if the entire thing was scrapped.

I am curious about how much GH knew about HP's arrest before the news broke and if HMK was ever meant to be more than a stand in for a few episodes.  I think that casting needs to be sorted out before the show moves forward with the story.

• Members

I agree, @carolineg.  For sure, if HMK is unable or unwilling to commit to the show on an indefinite or permanent basis, or if the show is unable or unwilling to commit to her portraying Molly for the foreseeable future, then they need to "rest" the story until they find a more permanent replacement.  However, if either HMK or whoever succeeds her doesn't pan out, then I would definitely consider scrapping the story and writing the character out, because multiple recasts in order to make a story work NEVER works, lol.

I don't think I would feel as bad, if only because I think the show went about setting up for this story in the wrong way - and that was before HP's arrest.  Again, if the show couldn't or wouldn't tell this story with Lexi, then why tell it now with her replacement, if at all?

• Members

I am also wondering if the show is waiting to see how everything with HP works out before committing to HMK.  If she completes rehab and her legal obligations I wonder if the show would bring her back.  I know that's not a popular sentiment here, but I am curious how many viewers truly know what is going on or even about the accident.

• Members

I'm curious too. I really enjoyed it, I thought the actress was great and so warm even being limited to only "eye" acting. And while not the best written scene it did attempt to dig into the psychological and push and pull of Willow's conflict accepting someone she doesn't like in Nina as her mother and also accepting that the woman who raised her was neither a good mother or a good person. 

JorBot can't kiss to save her life. Watching Zeke and Jordan passionlessly smash faces at each other wasn't the sweltering button to end yesterday's show on that they might have thought it was.

• Members

Now this is what we call manifestation! If we keep saying it it has to come to pass (unlike Willow apparently).

Literally would save the entire show. It would be the best soap reveal in at least 20 years.

• Members

Carly, just smack your scumbag daughter right in her disgusting face 

Please register in order to view this content

Why does Joss have like unlimited guarantees? She’s been in 6 of the last 7 episodes

Btw, a lot of people are gonna owe Ned an apology when this is all said and done.