General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I hope she does.  She's extremely talented.  At this point, though, I do think calling out other women not supporting her or being involved does take away from the crux of the issue.  The light should be shined on the abusers.  Again, I absolutely believe everything she is saying, but I wish she would share it in a way that doesn't open herself to more criticism.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think her speaking out against the women is because she doesn't feel the support or attention others have gotten.  She feels because Nancy Lee Grahn is so outspoken she should be able to speak in support of what she's experienced.  And I understand that from Sarah Joy Brown's viewpoint.  But Brown also understands Grahn needs to support her family; she just wishes the attention that former co-stars get in the press is what she could get for exposing the injustices she has faced for over 20+ years.

• Members

But it's also not their cross to bear?  Everyone should be allowed to speak out about their own experiences in the way they are comfortable with.  And to shame people that aren't ready to talk or don't want to is uncomfortable to me.  I do understand SJB's point, but at the same time I don't think it's cool to specifically name people for not wanting to come forward.  I really dislike both NLG and VM's social media, but I also don't think it's their obligation to back her.    I think it's just a cycle of women shaming women and from personal experience some women just don't want to freely talk about it in such a public platform.  It's basically just opening up crazy Carly fans to go after Crazy Brenda and Alexis fans and there is a lot a fuel there just in storylines and seems like a mess to even open up at this point and all the actresses don't deserve that.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I listened to Soap Zone. They said that Halley Pullos would be in Rehab for at least six months to a year. She would then go to trial and would probably get jail time because her case was indefensible. She was mixing alcohol with marijuana and was drinking while she was driving. I don't think there is any way she will return to GH. I think she has tainted her character. Instead of recasting Molly right now, the character should probably be written out for the time being. Molly should break up with TJ for now and let him find someone else.

Edited by Aragorn

• Members

Ugghhh can somebody please punch Joss right in her disgusting face?? 

Please register in order to view this content

And, what is this crap about Tracy accusing Drew of trying to kill Ned? 

Thank God it wasn’t dragged out 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

6-1

Poor Taggert.

It's funny how the paternity test has been dragged out, but I liked how it came together to that moment. He kept such a strong stance. Then his breaking down in the elevator...my heart went out to him. 

I rolled my eyes at Victor's will reading...so very much like Helena's video appearance. Speaking of that since I was not around...I thought his end was anticlimactic after such a slow, but nice May Sweeps build. Now if it is leading to new story for Anna and apparently Nickolas...well...we'll see...

Davis Girls Recast...I'm actually liking Molly's recast...I feel like she has HM's vibe completely. While I like Kate Mansi and she appears to be giving a bit of AL's Kristina, I feel like the writers are using the recast to change her character at the same time. And it just seems so weird to throw them both into bigger story when people still need to get used to them. 

I loved Holly's latest return and how Tracy's return was roped in that. I loved that we had a brief Holly/Robert/Diane triangle cuz Scorpio...lol. Speaking of Tracy's return, I love, love, LOVE how she got Brook Lyn/Chase back together cuz SAY ANYTHING...hehe. But I have loved how she has slowly wormed her way into several storylines and I don't want her to go so good to see her growing roots...and HATEESSS Carly. 

And what a way to start June 1!!!! I see AC has been doing HIS squats. LOL!!!! Welcome back, Swimming Pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I hate how Hulu is so inconsistent about when they put GH up.  Can't there be a set time?  Days goes up in Peacock at a set time (or within a few minutes).  Not that I was in a rush for the last few days shows as nothing happened at all.  I honestly felt the whole Curtis birthday party did not need to last two episodes.  The story with Curtis/Jordan/Portia isn't working overall at all.  It's like Portia is the only one that even shows signs of life.  Taggert did too, but his acting was pretty cringe.

• Members

Correct.  Even if I found some of Real's acting choices a little off he at least was giving me something.  Jordan and Curtis barely have a pulse.  Sam looks like a high energy spitfire compared to them lol.  Couple the episode with the Sasha/Gladys story and I tend to understand why Hulu might be questioning even putting the episode up at all to spare us.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Honestly, this Sasha/Gladys is go-nowhere doldrums. And we've had a solid 6 months of it. Sasha will yell at Gladys like an angry elementary school teacher and Gladys will beg for forgiveness. It's all so predictable and boring filler.

Sure, why not? Sounds more interesting than, again, 5 months of go-nowhere story they'd treated us to.

I can't believe they put Ned into a coma for Nina's stupid secret. Nina who has looked guilty for turning in Drew and Carly to the SEC (can they just say the government?) for months but doesn't seem bothered at all that Ned tripped running to tell on her?