General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not very soapy, but I like that Cam is like "bye Joss!"  I am going to live my best life at Stanford and not even think about you.   He can't get back at her by finding the best, hottest soccer cheerleader or something and bringing her back as his new girlfriend lol.

• Members

I need him to keep that energy when he visits.  If the only repercussion she suffers is that she lost Cam as a true friend then at least we have that.  I’m not saying they have to be at odds, just distant.  And she should feel the responsibility for that. He should not be her biggest supporter.

I wonder if this is how people felt when Karen Wexler was the center point of the teen characters in the 90’s.  If you didn’t like Karen (I did), all that attention and multiple men fighting over her was annoying to watch?  That’s how I feel about Joss now- Eden does a decent job. But I can’t stand Joss and I do enjoy the rest of the young set. But the show wants me to be invested in her more than the others. And I never will be.

• Members

Yes!  We've been discussing Karen in a different thread at length.  Couldn't stand her, but I liked her more than Joss.  Karen had an antagonist in Brenda and actual problems and struggles.  Joss has never struggled a day in her life and everyone loves her and tells her how wonderful she is. 

• Members

While I always take anything new this show does with a massive GOS, the fact that Zeke is in this week's promo with Drew leaves me cold to the character before he even gets going.  Must everything be tied to Sonny or Carly?

• Members

Yesterday proves that, despite having some problems being a decent person, Carly is still someone to root for. Maybe it’s the writing or Laura Wright’s portrayal, but it was obvious yesterday.

And it’s really simple too: Carly has loyalty. And respect for the people in her life. No matter what those people have done to her, she’s there for them no matter what. Unlike her scumbag children. Michael is just a dumb child and Joss is a disgusting piece of trash.

I was totally on Carly’s side.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

That appears to be the rumor.  I don't know how much of it is fanfiction.  A cursory glance of her socials makes it look like they are pretty close.  I hope I don't die today so my last search isn't are Joss and Dex dating in real life? on my browser

Please register in order to view this content

I think LW's portrayal goes a long way to make Carly likeable.  I will say the one thing the show has always kept consistent about Carly is her unwavering loyalty though.  Michael is really dumb.  I can't believe Carly explained she was unwilling to give up info on Sonny she knew he'd get away with and Michael then proposed info that would put Sonny behind bars for real and thought she'd go for that.  It's like Michael just didn't listen or ignored the entire first half of the conversation lol.

• Members

Hahahaha! I meant to post about this too!  Yeah, there seems to be a loft of body language between those two. Eye contact and seem to have sex sparkle as they look into each other's eyes.with lust.

• Members

They were full on making out, tongue and all! Pretty rare for TV to see macking like that. 

Annnnd he's 26 and she's only 19. Welp.

Twitter's not the real world obviously but I find it weird that I can't find their zesty makeout scene but a random Sprina post has 200k views. I really wanna find that scene to confirm my suspicions lol.

Carly's needs to disown both her boring, hating-ass kids. Their Sonny bloodlust has reached its peak, it's especially hard to watch because Maurice is fully in his "I'm just getting through this" era. It looks like a couple of yapping puppies harassing a retired bloodhound.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I honestly thought the actor that played Dex was in his 30's, so I am unfortunately less skeeved out that he's only 26.   It's still a bit creepy, but at least she's an adult.  It looks like they spent Easter together, so I am going to assume they are dating.

The fact that Sonny doesn't give two sh*ts about Joss hating him actually makes me like Sonny more.  Every time Joss rails at him Sonny just rolls his eyes and moves on.  And every time Michael yells at Sonny I like to think his inner monologue 'is why didn't I just let AJ keep him?'  I don't mind Sonny hate.  I don't mind Joss/Michael are mad at him.  But Nina was the straw that broke the camel's back?  Really?  Even if Joss's hatred was rooted in the way Sonny treated her father I would give her a pass or if Michael was mad Sonny killed his birth father.  No, it's Sonny stupid relationship with Nina that caused all this.  When their motivation is so petty it's hard to take them seriously.

• Members

I’ve been hoping and praying for this

Please register in order to view this content

She should give Eden a few lessons

As for Michael, those scenes alone proves that he still has a lot of growing up to do.

Goes to show that no matter how much GH tries to shove the Dumpster Duo down our throats, Sprina is the It couple. Always has been, always will be