General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder if they are dragging this Sasha stuff out because of the actress's pregnancy?  It's gone on far too long and if the show wants to keep Sasha they have to give her something else.

Ned almost dying doesn't phase Nina because Sonny won't care about that.  Nina doesn't actually feel bad about anything, IMO.  She's just worried Sonny will dump her. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They should just let the poor woman sit down! Instead she's wearing an oversized blazer and giant purse talking endlessly about her conservatorship. A lot of these appearances feel like they're just meeting an actor's guarantee. 

Every time Sam shows up I think "they really don't want Kelly to take a month long paid vacation to the Bali, do they?". Because she has absolutely nothing to do. If I have to watch one more scene where Sam and Dante, who always look like they just met, make out and talk about how amazing the other is I'll scream.

And yeah, Nina's a nutjob.

• Members

Sam's been useless for me for years, but she's been so marginalized post-Jason.  Kelly Monaco clearly doesn't even care.  Sam's hair isn't even done.  She literally throws into a messy bun with a large clip.  Is that a style you wear on tv?  I love Dante and the show clearly doesn't care about him either.  The idea of Dante/Sam sounds so much better on paper than in actuality. 

• Members

Sam's hair wouldn't bother me that much if I didn't know her employment provides her people that do hair as their job

Please register in order to view this content

I have an almost irrational hate towards Gladys.  She's not only useless, but the minute she comes on screen I have a visceral negative reaction. She actually makes me rage-y.  I can't stand anything about her.  The ways she looks, talks, dresses, the people she interacts with.  I hate Nina, for example, but can watch her scenes.  I have an extremely difficult time getting through Gladys scenes because I am mad GH hasn't gotten rid of her ages ago.

People like Sasha, Willow, Jordan, etc are useless, but don't make me want to punch them every time they appear.  I think I have the same reaction to Gladys that @AbcNbc247 has to Joss.

• Members

I know her actions and crimes are small potatoes, so she's not the worst character to appear in that aspect.  Just the one I currently hate the most.  Logically it doesn't make sense, but it's how I feel when I see her.  I just cannot stand her in any capacity.

• Members

I'm getting there. There is no reason for her or any of these storylines surrounding these women to exist.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Chase is a very handsome man but has the look, vibe and delivery of an overgrown little boy. I cannot take him seriously in any capacity and it's in large part due to the neutered, milquetoast stories they give all these characters, not just him and poor BLQ. Every story turn he has is about how mean ol' Brook Lynn lied to him and crushed his dreams.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You're more than welcome to rant to me any time you like 

Please register in order to view this content

Gladys is pointless. You can't even say she's played out, because she's never had a purpose on this show. Hopefully, they'll cut their losses when all this stuff with Cody is revealed. 

• Members

Thank you!  You can always come to me with your Joss hate   Gladys isn't even on that much.  Nothing like the center of the show, Joss lol. There is just something about the character and her stupid lies, inability to act natural with people, her wacky facial expressions and smugness that just make me want her to get caught in a mob crossfire.  Even her name is stupid!  Diane is the only character right now that gives me a similar reaction, but Diane has funny lines sometimes, mostly has a purpose, and CH can act.   I can't think of a single redeemable thing about Gladys.  

I feel like Chase and Griffin are the exact same character too.  

• Members

I know you and others feel like GH has a lot of interchangeable white women-which is true-but I tend to find a lot more of their white men very similar.  It's not as bad as that 2007 ish era where every one of Lulu and Maxie's boyfriends seemed like the same person, but it's close.   I see very little difference in men like Chase/Griffin and Brando/Dex among others. 

• Members

No, I agree. I think they've had plenty of both for a long time. It's the Frank Valentini house style, as I've mentioned before. Goes all the way back to I Wanna Be a Soap Star and the Ford brothers on OLTL.