2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hm, I am hearing of a mixed reaction from some members but I think it will mostly likely be approved in the end.
The stirrings of a mixed reaction may be on account of the actors not getting that percentage of the streaming that they wanted. They did, however get a sizable raise and a new residual agreement. And in 3 years, they can always try to re-negotiate.

• Members

Thanks for finding and sharing this. I went to Nitter so I could see the entire thread.

In some ways, it’s sort of what I alluded to in my previous post but this really fleshes out the concerns beyond what I even mentioned. I didn’t want to sound like a wet blanket, which is why I mentioned the fact that SAG-AFTRA can always look to three years in re-negotiations to further refine the terms but it is the reason why I think the WGA negotiated a deal that is a bit more forward thinking, even though SAG-AFTRA obviously got more money up front. The fact that Justine Bateman is looking to the WGA’s focus of their negotiations as a model going forward speaks to that.

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this until this morning. This took quite some time to wind its way through the ranks, which tells me that it must have taken awhile to enough of a consensus before a final vote among the actors. Also, it’s a lot of actors to try to wrangle.