2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All of these stalling tactics from the studios only hurts them. Regardless of when the strike is resolved, the studios will be canceling projects left and right. They can’t blame that on SAG. This is only going to hurt the studios in the long run. They won’t be able to promote any of their films coming out for the rest of the year and it’s going to delay all of their tent poles for next year. 

The studios need to just accept they’ve lost and move on. 

• Members

The twitter thread starts here:

But if you don't have twitter, that's okay, you can read it on "nitter" which is a copy of twitter that doesn't require log-in.
The nitter thread starts at this link, just click to read:
https://nitter.net/slack2thefuture/status/1721726587052397043#m

It discusses this article:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/sag-aftra-ai-protections-for-high-earning-members-sticking-point-1235638247/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

@janea4old  Thank you for spelling it out this way! Earlier when I saw this & began reading & saw immediately that the studios STILL want to scan an actor into their computerized system & pay then a one-time fee & then be able to use that image indefinitely, as many times as they wish even including after the death of the individual that I was so distressed that I just copy/pasted as quick as possible.