Y&R Spoiler: Popular Couple Breaks Up

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not in the same way he was a real leading man and good guy during the 80s - it helped that Carl and, especially, Mary gave the Williams family more importance.

The Christine pairing didn't ignite the sparks that either had with previous relationships. That relationship became tainted forever after the forced encounter - a horrible decision by the writers. Isabella? Yikes. Ricky? Terrible. Dylan/Nikki, etc. It seemed that Paul was just given random stories because Doug was there.

As I said, I like Doug, but if the choice between Paul or Brad - I would've sent Paul on a long undercover assignment and kept Brad. It doesn't matter now.

• Members

Part of the reasons why the Paul and Christine romance fizzled out was because LLB was recurring/absent for so long and they dwindled the Williams family. Paul's sister left again, his children left and he really had no on screen connections.  

As for LLB, whether she wants to be there or not.  From my understanding she has some other ventures outside of Y&R and her family ( I think her kids are high school age) and maybe she wanted to have the flexibility to pursue those none acting ventures and have a life with her kids.  I know she owns or did own 1 or two boutiques in California.  

If Christine is going to stay around a little longer and be present on screen more, I would like to see them either pair her back with Danny or like some people here said Nick.