Y&R Spoiler: Popular Couple Breaks Up

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never thought Paul/Christine was a popular pairing. I think Bill Bell put Paul/Christine in each other's orbit during the housing discrimination storyline because Michael Damian was on the way out.

Eww. Besides, Nikki and Phyllis would go apes---.

• Members

There was definitely an era when LLB seemed like she was over Y&R, namely the Latham through Mid-MAB era. But she has been a fairly regular screen presence since, especially for a recurring player. They did not pair Paul/Christine back together until she started to appear more regularly. Remember Paul and Nicky’s and later Nina’s romances from the MAB era?

Paul’s fate would have been so different if just ONE of his kids worked out. Heather had the most potential, if only Vail’s substance abuse didn’t force an early retirement. Ricky had a great and beautiful actor, and was served bad writing. Dylan, was an experiment set to fail.

Remember when Don Diamont was fired, he said it came down to he or Doug and Doug won because he was in a romance with Nicky that was working. I wonder what would have happened if the roles were reversed? Don had so much chemistry with so many of the leading actresses still on canvas: Sharon, Victoria, Lauren, Ashley. If he was still around, I could see him paired with so many of the actresses on canvas today. His success on B&B with JMW could have been done with one of the younger actresses on YR (Lily! That would be a pairing, and a controversy). Even his kids, Colleen and Abby, were more interesting that Paul’s. They are more memorable and have had more memorable runs.

Don was always the more interesting and captivating actor. Walking sex.

• Members

Granted I'm a tourist, but I was impressed with what I've seen of how they transitioned Christine into an adult role in the '90s. I'm sure it was overbearing but I thought she worked with Doug early on at least. I know they were tired by the time of the rape.

LLB seems to want to be there and be invested. It's a shame what's happened with DD but he did it partly to himself. I don't see an issue with using her.

• Members

@Liberty City You got *that* right!

As @AMCHistory points out, Brad had far more gas in the tank left than Paul. Even if Brad returned today, he could be a viable character based on his connections. Frankly, Paul's character really faltered after Cassandra was foolishly killed off. 

I have nothing against Davidson, but Don's 14 solid years on B&B more than make the point.

I'm all for Christine/Danny reuniting. Why not? Plus with characters like Lauren, Traci, Daniel, Phyllis on canvas, it's not like they would be telling the story in a complete vacuum.