Eric Braeden drags Eva Longoria for her comments about working in daytime

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There is also the fact that not everyone loves every job they have ever had.  It’s okay.  I don’t know why fans take it so personally when a performer speaks out about a part or show.

I don’t think this interview is worth the venom EB has spewed.  But I also don’t care if she had said she hated her time on Y&R.  She’s clearly got a life and career full of what interests her.

Truthfully, the older I get the more I have begun to be annoyed by some of these soap actors that clearly hate their jobs but stay out of security or inertia.  We can see it onscreen! That’s just as bad if not worse than saying you are now above soaps IMO.  

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

On Sanchez and Winter's podcast He Said, Ella Dijo, the two (who are also married) weighed in on Braeden's comments. "I was like, 'You're messing with my girl? Not happening,'" Sanchez said.

"Nothing Eva said was inappropriate," Winter said. "This guy is completely out of line in my opinion because he doesn't know what Eva's financial stance was at that time in her career. I guarantee you he was making a ton more money than she was."

Sanchez defended Longoria and directed her comments to Braeden, saying, "You were out of line. What you said was completely uncalled for."

Winter added, presumably while sipping some piping hot chamomile, "This guy is trying to find a way in his older age to get back in the spotlight for whatever reason and to make it a point to defend daytime, which she was not attacking."

• Members

I work in an industry with a lot of “aging talent.” How Eric behaves and what he says to me is an indicator of two things:

1) his narcissism

2) his age

The picking fights, the quick to react and slow to understand, I see it so often with older narcissist afraid of loosing their public status. What they don’t realise is so often they can maintain their status by being more selective about what they say, versus feeling like they need a headline every week. 

• Members

I do get a sense of that with EB.

He still seems to see himself and Victor in the same light as 20 years ago, but things have moved on.

Of course he is entitled to keep working until he drops, but you think at age 82 now experiencing some health issues and having trouble with his lines, he might want to step back -maybe reduce his appearances and Victor's presence on the show.