Eric Braeden drags Eva Longoria for her comments about working in daytime

• Members

Interesting how things color my perception. I thought she was talking about how her professional employment headhunter clients might not understand her being a soap actress.
My subconscious mistakenly "heard" that because I read EB's tweet before watching the clip.

But she didn't say that!
I watched the clip again, and she didn't even say "soap actress".  she said "dumb actress".   

She didn't want her clients to know she was on Y&R
because that would mean she was an actress.
She didn't want her clients to know she was ANY kind of actress in ANY show/film/play, because she thought her clients would have the stereotype that actresses are dumb.

But again, as I said earlier in this thread, she wasn't denigrating her acting job. She was afraid her *clients* would denigrate it.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I like both Eric Braeden and Eva Longoria. EB's Twitter feed, with its copious use of YA GOT DAT-style exclamation marks, is always a hoot. I was sort-of prepared to take EB's side because he seems pretty together on his social media.

Having said that... he overreacted, for real. EL was about maintaining her day job so she kept quiet about her acting. I do think he 'read' her feelings on the subject -- she does seem lowkey embarrassed about the soap clip, and that's what he reacted to. But his 4-5 Tweets went a little far. Jeez, she wasn't Eileen Davidson, but she wasn't that bad as Isabella. Obviously comedy is more her fit.

Also: Robert Di Nero (sic) was on soaps?? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

That’s brave coming from someone that mumbles his lines worse than Maurice Bernard (Sonny on GH) lol No offense ofc.

But the way he try’s to trash her just shows his lack of class.

He even disses “Desperate Housewife’s” and their dialogue.. Because Victor Newman’s lines are so Hollywood. Don’t make me laugh. 

I loved Psycho Isabella.

She was lucky to get on that Housewife show? Haha didn’t EB tried primetime and didn’t made it further then being a guest villain or a guest character on some shows? Bro tried branching out and flopped and got stuck for 40-50 years on daytime while Eva had a primetime gig for 8 straight years. I think she was more successful. She then landed a Reccuring gig on B-99. She even was an executive producer on Devious Maids  for 4 whole seasons ! And did documentaries and stuff.

She didn’t even said something bad and he felt triggered coz he got reminded that he is still stuck on a boring soap opera that lost it’s touch years ago. Good for him to have a secure paycheck. 

• Members

Eva said she wanted to be an actress, but got a job until her acting career took off.

She kept her day job because her role on Y & R didn't pay enough to not work her other job...so she did both jobs.  Cost of living is high in LA so I don't blame her for keeping both jobs.  

Maybe she could have phrased it differently, but EB is known to bully people.  And I think he was jealous she found lasting success outside daytime.

And he used to not know his lines back in the day (if stories are true that Peter Bergman told him to know his line hence leading to their confrontation years ago).

• Members

Team Eva. Everything she said made sense. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Braeden was butt hurt because she implied soap actors don't make a lot of money. Relax diva, she was a young newbie then; you're a veteran who demands special treatment (trust me); we KNOW you make more than what she did.