Eric Braeden drags Eva Longoria for her comments about working in daytime

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Eva I believe just wanted to keep the headhunter job and was afraid what clients would feel if they knew she was acting too. HOWEVER she was at Y&R and I could why some like EB could see that as degrading the show I feel he went overboard attacking her acting Although she seemed embarrassed that they showed a Y&R Clip

• Vizion changed the title to Eric Braeden drags Eva Longoria for her comments about working in daytime
  • Members

Ok if this is all she said then EB is being ridiculous and he needs to delete those tweets. She was clearly talking about being a headhunter and not wanting clients to know she was acting too because most people think actors in general aren't smart. 

• Members

I get her side. I get his to a point. He saw it as her downplaying her Y&R days and I see how he can get there with her needing to hide it, to keep that headhunter job. However. attacking her acting was OTT. 

• Members

No But she was saying she was hiding the fact that she was an actress at that time from her Head hunting Job. She stated that she was worried that her clients may feel she was not taking that job seriously.

FINE

At the same EB sees that interview and maybe he sees her words as well did she her job at Y&R that seriously?

Plus she was doing the headhunting job out of her Y&R Dressing room. Was she even allowed to that. Remember this was 2001-03 and things were different back then

Edited by John

• Members

Eva has never spoke badly about her time on Y&R from my knowledge. The only thing she ever said was how she thought the "men were divas" and she alluded one of her leading men (whether Doug Davidson or Christian LeBlanc) would sometimes make her mess up her lines, because they always said something that wasn't scripted, but Eva would get the blame for it I guess when she didn't know how to respond. 

Braeden sounds like he's just being Braeden, but i sort of get why it's misinterpreted. 

• Members

My question to Eva would be 

You were worried about by not taking the head hunter gig seriously if you were seen acting 

Ok

but then I would wonder how seriously she took the Y&R gig, especially since she was headhunting for the other job out of her Y&R dressing room 

• Members

She does sound dismissive. She starts out cackling that they shouldn't show a clip (admittedly a dumb storyline) then talking about how she was making more money doing whatever remote job she had out of college which is kind of implying that career soap actors are losers. All they said is you started on a soap and the only thing she could think to say is she had another job and was so embarrassed they would find out she was a dumb soap actress. His reaction is vintage EB but his interpretation of this as denigrating the genre is spot on IMO.