Eric Braeden drags Eva Longoria for her comments about working in daytime

• Members

Eric Braeden's a tiny little man and a misogynistic old fool.

Eva Longoria's drive, talent and continued success professionally and privately is enviable.  The movie she directed just won an award at a film festival.  She's been producing movies, documentaries and shows for 20 years now.  She's been politically active for many worthy causes.  She's such a class act, so she won't even acknowledge that over-privileged relic's nastiness, but The Old & The Irrelevant needs to reign him in.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The ET-Canada Y&R special aired on Friday evening March 17 (and repeating Monday daytime March 20)... 
*coincidentally* airing the same weekend as the Chris Wallace interview of Longoria and Braeden’s rant. 
(The ET-Canada special was filmed in February but aired in March.)

The entire special is now on the ET-Canada youtube channel.  

At 10:22, the host talks about *successful* actors who got their start on Y&R and she mentions Tom Selleck, Vivica A. Fox, Eva Longoria, Paul Walker, and Shemar Moore.

And then they showed clips from Selleck, Longoria, Walker, and Moore.  
Joshua Morrow uses a sort-of sultry voice to say that "Eva Longoria is one of the sexiest women that has ever graced our stages"

(I don't know how to timestamp YT but just scroll to 10:22)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Full transcript of Eva's interview on Chris Wallace:
(she's in the second half of the episode):
https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/wtcw/date/2023-03-19/segment/01

I had posting that I thought she was brought to the interview to discuss politics, but I was mistaken. They *did* discus that - I saw a clip of it on the cnn website a few days ago.

But the reason she was called to be interviewed was because she's starting a new show about Mexican cooking.

During the Chris Wallace interview, he sort of interrupts the flow and starts talking to her about Y&R and Desperate Housewives.  She manages to turn around the comments about Desperate Housewives by pointing out that she used her long hours on the DH set to learn everything she could about directing and now she has her own production company.

There's an entire section of the interview about her involvement in politics in the Democratic Party and how to reach out to Latino voters.

And of course she talks about her cooking show.
And about a film she directed.
And about her Texas roots

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Did you watch the clip?  She said she avoided talking about any work as an actress to her day job clients.  Just acting in general. 

She wasn't ashamed.  She simply had a job as an employment headhunter that paid the bills, and she was concerned that her clients there might have have bias that she'd be less intelligent/competent at that job because she was also an actress.  She thought they might perceive her as a "dumb actress". 

Regarding Y&R, she said one of her clients recognized her and asked her if she was on a soap and she denied it because it might affect her ability to continue to get work in her day job.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I mean why should she talk about it anyway? She is more known for her DH run international than Y&R and she hasn’t been on that show for two whole decades. She doesn’t depend on that show like some nostalgic people.

I mean not everyone is hung up on their old job that didn’t even covered all costs of hers. People move on and ain’t stuck in the past like that dinosaur Eric Breaden lol

I don’t even think Y&R is worth a mention these days besides celebrating 50 years otherwise it’s a snoozefest. 

• Members

I recall a kinda similar situation when Melissa George was promoting a primetime US series she had landed and when interviewed back in Australia, got pissed off when they showed a Home & Away clip and wanted her to talk about that. 

She was given a villain narrative along the lines of 'how dare she forget where she started, ungrateteful beyotch 'etc but I could see her side also. She could have gone along with it but I guess felt she had acheived something and didn't want/need to be reminded of her soap stint.

• Members

I posted it on the previous page

Please register in order to view this content

But yeah, she even says there that she won't call it a "training ground" out of respect for something Genie Francis pointed out to her, and that was at the height of her Desperate Housewives success. Some people really want the narrative that Eva hates soaps and hates being reminded that she was on one.