Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

An ok Friday episode. Didn't expect Stephanie to find out that Kayla was alive. Nice cliffhanger with Kayla and Stephanie. 

It was great seeing Chad. He looked particularly handsome in the episode.

I made a comment about Andrew and Colton Little on social media and Miranda Wilson liked my comment!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Andrew is leading man material. I am watching him closely, despite his supporting role. The show clearly wanted Charles S. back for Beyond Salem, but could not lock him in with GH. The creation of this adult Andrew is a welcomed surprise. 

Who else do you want to see Andrew interact with? I would love to see him with Stephanie, and play up the fact that they grew up together. That was interesting decade with both Brady women raising families out West. I think some cousins become best friends, and I can see that here. 

I wish Sonny was around. He and Andrew would have been a hot couple. It would have give cousins Will and Andrew some good family tension. 

• Members

First off I wish his parents were on the canvas. I'd also like to see him have scenes with Stephanie and the vets on the show.

The six or so gay characters should be on the canvas too with the arrival of Andrew.  Ron can't write anything of value for the gay characters. It truly is disappointing. Ron is too busy writing annoying and repetitive one liners for Leo. The worst gay character left on the canvas.

I wish they'd give Andrew more than a supporting role but I highly doubt it will happen.

• Members

Yes/no - not exactly ...

Regular Salem was filmed six months ago.
But this Bo/Hope/Megan arc in Greece was filmed out of order from regular Salem- months later.

JA died *while* the show was filming this Greece arc.

This Greece arc was written before John Aniston passed away.  There was an audition for "Greek-looking extras" announced in October.  
Miranda Wilson was in Europe until Oct. 20.  She started filming Days at the end of October or beginning of November.  Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso started filming Days at some point in the first half of November, not sure of the exact date.

John Aniston died Nov. 11.  His daughter announced it Nov. 14.

They had to continue filming after he died.

Alfonso and Reckell were just on Digest podcast.  Reckell said he was in L. A. filming Days in November and he asked everyone on the show how JA was doing - they told him JA was in a wheelchair.  Reckell said he had plans to go visit JA after filming (or on a weekend, or after work one day, or on a day off) -but JA passed away before he got the chance to visit him.

So they wrote this whole Greek arc with no idea that JA would pass away.  No idea if they had planned to use JA or not. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks!  I would assume the show was not planning on using JA much or at all given his health, but weren't expecting to write in his passing either.   I don't really know where this story is headed, but I think it could end up being a nice tribute to Victor.  Too bad Peter didn't get to see JA before he died.  

• Members

@carolineg @Soapsuds  oh I forgot to say in my above reply...

They *did* plan to use John Aniston for something, but I don't know what it was about, something connected to Bo, or something in Salem, but it was an episode with Victor and Shawn-D.
When JA first died in November, Brandon Beemer said he had seen a script for this -- but JA died before it could be filmed.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'm not liking Robo Bo at all.

The Stephanie and Kayla call was so badly contrived. From Kayla yelling on the phone yet Bo never came rushing in. To Stephanie not hearing Bo name yet hearing Greece with static.

The Marlena muff scenes are gone. Somebody must have been reading the boards. The Marlena reunion scenes with Brady were blah. 

Great to see Andrew again.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Finally got to check March out, Unfortunately whoever uploaded The Torrents Of the Full Episodes in FHD seems to have reached the Limit of his generosity and stopped with March 17, so I couldn't see Greece

but I Enjoyed seeing the Littlest Brat on Rachel Love it!!! Like Starr Manning when she was little! Hope she doesn't mellow too much when she Grows Up, If she was Conceived and SORASED earlier, I could Totally see Emme Marcy Rylan playing her lol that's the kind of Character she Plays The Best!!!

• Members

I read that there are technology issues that change periodically. There are regular downloading programs that can record Peacock in HD; but then something changes and those programs cannot download Peacock anymore. Something changes in the background of Peacock so that the downloaders don't work.  The programmers who create the downloading software have to create new ways to make it work, which takes time. This happened before, and it happened again around the time you mentioned.

I guess it will get figured out eventually.  When people can finally download peacock in HD, then they can upload Days HD to the torrents.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Given Marlena's penchant for coming back from the dead and the fact it would be really bizarre for Hattie to be in John's house in Marlena's robe, it was a little dense of Brady to think it was Hattie.  But Brady is dense, so whatever.  The scenes were fine, but EM was weirdly over dramatic.

Did Kayla give a reason as to why she called Stephanie over Steve?  

The Andrew/Harris scenes reminded me of how Jason Morgan would react if he got his memories back and realized he was a hired killer.  I am sure that is what Ron was going for, but it's really a struggle for me to differentiate the two characters.

The episode was decent.  I wish Shawn was more involved in this and are Ciara and Ben gone again?