DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Webmaster

No worries. I can’t write it down as a policy nor can I tell every new member about an unwritten rule individually. It’s one of those things we all just have to end up learning through word of mouth. The actual reasons I’ll never iterate. It’s something you just had to be there to see/read in real time to just know, you know?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Errol and everyone ...

Peacock has re-opened / re-offered the $19.99/year deal, to new customers registering between Oct. 10, 2022 and Nov. 19, 2022.
Terms:
https://www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/fall

Registering after that defaults to $49.99/year.

If you signed up during the September sale period, or if you sign up now, the price of $49.99/year kicks in after your first 12months.

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

Thanks for the heads up. Proves one thing, Peacock is still desperate for subscribers and that the deal worked somehwat in getting people to subscribe to the service. But can it survive off of additional paying subscribers who paid reduced a price? For instance, instead of say two million subscribers paying $4.99 a month ($9.980 million), you’re only getting two million subscribers paying $1.99 ($3.980 million). That’s a six million dollar PER MONTH loss they’ll have to make up from somewhere.

They were created exclusively for Peacock, so no. I believe the Peacock only (produced after move to Peacock) episodes of Days of our Lives will also be expiring, unless there is an adjustment to the current contract that allows episodes produced post-Peacock move to stay on the service longer. Should Peacock renew the show for an additional season, or longer, that contract should provide longer streaming rights.

• Members

From what it's been said on Deadline and other sites, it seems like Peacock is hoping to package itself with other streaming services (apparently they made an offer to Paramount+, who said "thanks but no thanks"). So if that's truly the case, they might be trying to drive up subscription numbers to try and drum up interest in outsiders to make a package deal.

Honestly, by the sounds of it I wouldn't be as much worried about DAYS getting cancelled as much as it sounds like Peacock might be going down before the it!

• Members

But even at the lower end, they'd be making a profit off the show. That would be almost $50 million for a 12 month period and their budget is likely around $25-30 million max. That would be a better return on investment that most of their limited series which cost the same or more as a year of DAYS and can only drive subscribers for 2-3 months. Not to mention additional ad revenue on top of that and the fact that some (like me) pay $10 for the ad free version. Then after the first year if they renew DAYS and show a continued investment in it I'm sure most of the $1.99 people would stick around because they're already comfortable with the platform at that point.

Edited by Chris B