Y&R: Former OLTL actor joins the show

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

After the many years of breathless overhype any time TSJ managed to say his lines without looking like he wanted to jump through the wall and never be seen again, I can't think of a more fitting role for him than Fluckers, one of the most pointless characters in soap history. I would say we will soon hear about how he is saving Y&R, but the days of anyone caring that much about anything on soaps seem long gone. 

• Members

If Trevor wasn't 20 years too young to be Jill's equivalent sibling, I would say it's not a terrible choice. He does look weathered enough now to make it almost workable, but it's still so stupid. I cannot see him playing Bryton's dad at all.

The other issue is, as DRW notes, when Trevor gets bored he does it quick and hard. He will either phone it in, go wildly off script and play against it to troll, or both. There is a reason OLTL ultimately retconned his character into a volatile savant with a fractal and constantly metamorphosing personality who could put on any identity or persona it chose. It was weirdly very fitting because when Trevor is bored he is liable to do anything but play the lines.

He's not untalented but with poor scripts (or even good ones where he just doesn't feel like it) he goes ape swiftly. And Y&R is not exactly George Bernard Shaw.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wondering if you’d eventually chime in @DRW50 eventually as I remember our discussions of SN’s Fluckers back in the day….I still won’t forget your reaction when Stacy Haiduk came back as Dr. Emily randomly to be Tucker’s therapist

Please register in order to view this content

Lord I know Y&R is very bad now but somehow I’ve survived worse. 

Like GL & ATWT beforehand Y&R is the last ride to die soap I have, even if it’s death is that the most painful to watch of them all. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

He's still handsome but he really has aged fast.

He is giving his same typical performance though. He doesn't try unless a soap challenges him, and instead starts doing weird shít and smirking through any and all serious material. He better watch that with Eileen because if he tries to throw a scene to the left she doesn't play.

Edited by Vee