Y&R: Former OLTL actor joins the show

• Members

She was not that much younger by soap recast standards, lol (11 years). But no, Luner was starring on Savannah as a vixen in her 20s when Adam and Liza were first together. The issue wasn't the age IIRC so much as JL being a complete miscast. Trevor St. John for Stephen Nichols and William Russ is much, much more extreme de-SORAS.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Josh Griffith coasted waaaaayyyyy too long from his early 90’s critical acclaim. His work on ATWT and his 2012-13 stint was decent but nothing stellar. His Days stint and this right here are disastrous beyond words. 

Diane’s return has been the best thing to happen in 2022 and yet it’s now been in a holding pattern for some time now, only held up because Susan Walters has been 
a powerhouse to watch.

• Members

Dang, Trevor got old in the face (which would at least help with what may be a ludicrous recast). He's his typical snarky self in motion and still handsome, but he looks remarkably like Stephen Collins now.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes, the story is ridiculous but I think having an  over 50 actress in a contract role, who hasn't been facelifted to the heavens and brings her natural essence to the role has been a plus.

Of course TSJ is going to look older. I didn't really watch when SN played Tucker so what should I expect to see from Trevor?

Is 82 yr old Victor going to be presented as a viable rival to a man 30 yrs his junior?

• Members

I can't buy TSJ as Devon's father and as someone who is supposed to be older than Brock Reynolds, the same age as Jill, old enough to be Chance's grandfather BUT... if he -and Diane- can take us away from the Newman-Abbott-Phyllis Groundhog Day show...

(Please don't kill them off within a year because the marriage to Victoria and the affairs with Nick, Adam and Billy will be badly written)