• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ava is such a flop but I still think TB is one of soaps’ best actors, so this sucks if true!  I’d honestly be fine with them trying her as Taylor again—back during the big 2011 “Reboot,” I totally disagreed with them ditching her… her Taylor becoming a CarlyLite was terrible, but she was a blank slate character that could’ve gone anywhere.  It would’ve been better than Sarah Brown running a global corporation above Horton Town Square.

Anyway, I read a spoiler that Kristen is shocked by Rolf’s new experiment… I’m afraid we’re getting Stefan’s “essence” implanted into Jake’s not totally dead body. Lord omg!  Lol!  I’ll be thrilled to keep BB, but if this is the case—how stupid!!!

Also, I’ll be shocked if Molly Burnett returns.  She’s been successful in primetime.

• Members

Yeah I saw that!  I just figured it would be short term if she came back.   You know Days.  MB could have filmed something months ago and won't even air for a few more months.   Honestly, with Stephanie coming back as well she basically would fill the same sort of role with Phillip anyhow.

• Members

So I think Melanie started really annoying and ended really problematic, but there was a sweet spot in the middle of her run that I thought was really successful… I thought the Philip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie quad was fire!  It was formulaic and unoriginal, but I so rooted for Nathan & Melanie and Phil & Steph were perfect spoilers (I was dying for them to scheme together to keep Mate apart and eventually get back together themselves)… it was very Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas-esque.  But right when the story climaxed once Steph was exposed for switching Parker’s paternity results, we lost JKJ, SH, and MH!  It was the biggest letdown, and Corday obviously really interfered during the last leg of Dena 2.0 in 2011 because everything on the show changed overnight in early ‘11.

But then Melanie languished with Dario and then Chad (she also got moved down like a generation) until TomSell came and centered SO much story around her in MB’s final month, which was crazy.  And we can’t forget the showeating terror of her retconned family with Maggie and Daniel.  And then her very limited 2015 return was wasted on Brady & Theresa/Kristen.  So even though I think MB is lovely (she was great on Queen of the South!), I have Melanie whiplash lol.