GENERAL HOSPITAL July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm loyal to GH and I've found it the most entertaining soap over the past couple years, but it's time for some new writers. I know soaps have lulls, but they've been in one for ages. There is so little story movement and with that they keep introducing new characters, new secrets and new stories while none of the previous stories are moved forward. There should always be a rotation so there is at least one major story progressing while the others simmer. It's beyond time for them to give us a fresh vision here.

• Members

Anyone remembers Jessica at 17? Man, that was terrible. I'm like Ron was there when Erin was playing Jessica in her teens. She had more maturity and dignity than Bree's version of a 17-year-old Jessica Buchanan. 

I agree with your assessment of Elizabeth. I don't want a DID story with her either. Instead of focusing on what led her there emotionally. Plus, it would make a good hallmark for Becky's 25th next month. I hope Frank has cast Jeff and Carolyn. Stop teasing the audience of mentioning them and not delivering. I'm sure Frank can find a soap vet in their late 50's to early 70's to play her parents in the parking lot of Whole Foods or Ralphs. 

• Members

While you know I love you for your love of Kari on M2m...I have to kindly disagree. I would say they have been meh since Harmony's rampage at the start of May. And I don't know why. And I mostly definitely don't like that RIGHT NOW they are shoving Finn's family down my throat in a story (or two) that is not their story. 

I don't know where the rotation go because they used to have it. But now? Not so muh. 

• Members

I thought that today's episode was good. It had a lot of focus on Trina, and I enjoyed it. I liked seeing Trina have a good support system around her, Portia, Diane, Joss, Ava and also Curtis and Marshall trying to help her as well. And I enjoyed the Rory/Spencer confrontation scenes. Spencer was making me laugh with the way he was looking and acting when he confronted Rory about kissing Trina in the park. He was so jealous, and I liked Rory calling him out too.

After Spencer told him he would answer to him if he hurt Trina, I liked that Rory told him he wasn't the one who hurt her. Rory got the last word today, but I think these more of these confrontations between them will happen and I'm looking forward to them.  I want to see a good romantic/soapy/angsty triangle for Trina. 

I do wonder if it will be revealed that Spencer is her alibi around the time the sex tape was released. Or if she will be exonerated some other way. I am interested in seeing how this trial plays out. It also looks like today/possibly tomorrow is Laura's exit story for GF's vacation, with her getting news about Lesley. It looks like Valentin may have arranged for that to happen so that Victor wouldn't kill her. Victor did try and have shot today, but Valentin saved her. 

They also mentioned Serena today as an excuse for why Scott was away, and Diane was taking over Trina's case. They said that Serena got arrested for activism (trying to prevent the slaughter of animals such as Dolphins in another territory) and Scott went away to try and help her legally. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I eventually hated what he did, but his writing team told much stronger day to day episodes, even when the show was treading water between events (which I felt happened a lot).  I hate JFP too, but she knew how to give a scene the weight it needed and the show felt les static.  But I would never want them back unless we had someone there to reign Guza in.

I was just rewatching the clips of the Panic Room storyline, and although it was not my favorite event they did, it is still compelling to watch Liz discover Cary.  I can’t remember the last time I felt anything from FV ‘s GH.  I still think he is holding on to some backwards Frons ideals to not lean in to the soapy.  Just do it!