GENERAL HOSPITAL July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Selena Wu opened her mouth & out poured, "The negative publicity you will receive for exploiting a grieving mother, ..." And, instantly, Haven stopped her diatribe against Deception & said something like "Of course." through gritted teeth. Selena Wu rocks!

And, Cynthia Watros can cry & weep & wail & gasp for breath with tears everywhere, like the best of them. I thought it was just like Nina to make it all about her. And, Sonny took a new step on the romantic emotional courtship when he said, "You won't ever have to be alone. I will be with you."

I heard that Morgan Fairchild was hand-picked for the role. Figures as she was perfect! She called everyone either "Honey" or "Oh, Honey" or Yes, Honey". That way she can get your attention without having to learn your name.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I enjoyed today's Rorina's scenes. Trina looked pretty today in her dress. They continue to style TA well. I liked that her and Rory got to bond a little more and that they kissed a couple of times. It's been a while since she's really got to kiss anyone, it was nice to see her have that romantic moment today with him. And I liked that Spencer showed up and witnessed them kissing. I still like Sprina, but I like Rorina as well. I hope they pick up the pace a bit more with this storyline and continue to develop this triangle.

I also enjoyed Sam/Dante today. They continue to be comfortable with each other and have easy chemistry. It was nice to see some romance on the show today. This show has been really lacking regarding romantic moments lately. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

RC even gave Luke a DID storyline.  Which was absolutely ridiculous and such a waste of a story actually exploring Luke and Bobbie’s past with their parents.

The show is just so boring.  As has been the case repeatedly with the current creative team, there are bones of good story there, but it often gets detailed by FV pets, wasted time away from actual favorite characters, and pairings that make no sense.

• Members

Awwww Spencer 

I really like both Sprina and Rorina and I hope that triangle gets kicked into high gear once Esme is found out and Spencer finally kicks her ass to the curb 

Austin just needs to go away. 

And I love Britt not having any time for Cody's crap.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
WHY ELIZABETH'S ILLNESS SHOULD NOT BE DID

First and foremost, neither Frank Valentini nor Ron Carlivati should ever be allowed to touch on the subject of DID. The horrendous Jessica/Tessica/Wes Messica One life to Live story which completely rewrote the character of Jessica's childhood-- that took place on screen- speaks volumes about their ineptitude.  Abby/Gabi on Days shows the same, as well as Kate /Connie "Fuckaneri" nightmare on GH. Then there was Fluke.  Viki/Niki on OLTL was the gold standard in 1995. but any of these examples are the gold standard of how NOT to do a DID storyline.

Sj7mti2.jpg

If anything, the writers (not #firefrank) should dig into the obvious throughline of Elizabeth's life. Abandonment and Loss. Here is a character that has lost everyone she has ever been close to.

Jeff and Caroline Webber- dropped her on his step-mother's doorstep.
Sarah- left for California
Stephen Lars   in jail in Tennessee for the death of barely a character Maggie Wurth
Lucky   left her more than twice
Laura-  catatonic for years
Emily     dead
Jake kidnapped and presumed dead
Nikolas presumed dead and barely acknowledges her since his return
Franko-- dead
Jason     buried under rubble

And it goes on and on.  The character has been left behind and/or abandoned as a throughline to her character.
Please, not another round of DID.    Not in the INCAPABLE hands of #firefrank....
Edited by slick jones