Preemptions due to hearings

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes GH and B&B will indeed air all five days of week of Oct 17, unless there's a new unexpected preemption.

@victoria foxtonyour cable guide is correct, which is good. Thanks for the post.

I think the issue is that some other cable guides or satellite guides or broadcast TV guides ... are confused due to the Oct 13 preemption and haven't sorted themselves out yet.

I think @slick jones is making a good point.  If you usually tell your recorder to automatically record every episode of a show ....some recorders use listings, and if the listings are wrong then it won't record a new episode.  This happens to a lot of people whenever shows are preempted, or if there is a rerun - because the preemption/rerun throws off the listings for the next batch of episodes after the preemption.
So as a precaution, whenever there is a preemption or rerun, set up your recorder manually to record each date for a while, until the listings correct themselves.

Edited by janea4old

• 1 month later...
  • Members

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6-select-committee-likely-final-meeting-monday-12-19-2022/
"During its business meeting, scheduled for 1 p.m., the panel's members are expected to vote to adopt its final report, as well as a subcommittee report on whom to refer to the Justice Department for prosecution. Each of the committee's nine members will also offer brief presentations highlighting specific areas of its work across the past 18 months, Rep. Bennie Thompson, the panel's chairman, told reporters."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2022-12-15/what-is-the-tv-schedule-for-the-last-jan-6-committee-hearing
"As with the panel’s previous hearings, the proceedings are expected to be carried live on the Jan 6 Committee youtube channel, the major broadcast networks, cable TV news channels and C-SPAN."

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Dec. 19, 2022 is not going to have long periods of questioning and testimony.  It will be mainly be a formal meeting with votes.  But there will be summary presentations, so I don't know how long that would last.

Just guessing ... based on how it went before...

I imagine this will affect the second half of Y&R on the East coast, thus causing an interruption but not an official preemption.  Watch the full episode later that day on cbs.com or paramount plus.

I imagine this will officially preempt B&B, moving everything to the next airdate.

The meeting itself might not last long enough to impact GH, but if the news anchors keep discussing it after it ends, then maybe GH would be preempted.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Well, in the Nov. 2022 election, the Democrats lost the majority of the House by 9 or 10 seats, so therefore the Republicans are in charge of the House committees when the new House session begins in January 2023.

(The majority party controls the committee agendas. And this is a special committee, so its continued existence was not guaranteed)

If the Dems had won/kept the majority, the committee could continue its work and only have network-television hearings when there was something new to report.

But since the Repubs are in charge, the Repubs will dissolve the Jan 6 Committee at the end of the year.  Thus the Committee has to get all its final stuff done before the end of the year.

This is basically the Committee's final presentation (or one of their final presentations) to the public, and that's why they need it to be on TV.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I always hate preemptions around the holidays as weird stuff occurs. Remember when B&B had Christmas like a week and a half late back in 2019 lol?

Regardless obviously Days won’t be affected, and obviously Y&R may not either especially since it will have already aired in the central time zone.