Preemptions due to hearings

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm trying to get caught up on B&B on Paramount +. Yes, if there is a streaming service that I would subscribe to, it's Paramount +. I guess it fits more of my personality. However, I'm watching these whack-a-doodle lunatics right now and question so many things as this stuff is becoming dangerous. Frankly, social media is not helping.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The September 28th hearing was postponed due to Hurricane Ian. 
It has been rescheduled for Thursday October 13 at 1:00pm Eastern.
https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-elections-presidential-election-2020-congress-772291e2cdffbcaf780088fdef96d38f

Official notice of the rescheduling:
https://www.congress.gov/117/meeting/house/115160/documents/HHRG-117-IJ00-20221013-SD003.pdf

• Members

Re: October 13 hearing:

In the past, when there was a 1pm Eastern hearing, CBS aired half of Y&R on the east coast and the full episode online, with no official preemption of Y&R.
In the past, when there was a 1pm Eastern hearing, B&B and GH were usually fully preempted.

I checked regular TV listings websites and the daily listings for Oct 13 show the soaps with new episodes.  Maybe those listings sites simply aren't yet updated.

Curious if the soaps will follow the previous pattern for the hearings on Oct 13 or not.  @Errol have you heard anything?

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

Yes, they will. They were supposed to be preempted on September 28 (B&B/GH) but then it got canceled so they aired as expected. This means Emma Samms won't air until Thursday, October 20 now.

TV listing sites need more advance notice to update their schedules. They'll probably have the updated hearing scheduled by maybe Monday or Tuesday in their systems.

• Members

Thursday October 13, 2022 preemption log

General Hospital was fully preempted. 
Some markets in USA and all of Canada got a rerun:
GH Episode #14901 from Thurs. Jan.  27, 2022, (Season 59, Episode 94)

Episode description: "As night falls at the cabin, Esme initiates a game; Maxie desperately concocts an explanation; Sonny has a meaningful run-in; Valentin's interest is piqued by a new possibility; Sasha's arrival at yoga causes a stir."
What happens: At the cabin, Esme drugs Trina's drink during the "Never have I ever" game. In Pautuck, Maxie tries to stop Austin from realizing that Bailey is Louise, so she kisses him to distract him. Sonny dispenses advice to Brando about grieving. Valentin/Marty scene. Monica/Yuri/Valentin scene. Victor tells Peter that Bailey is Louise. Sasha/Carly/Nina scene at the yoga studio.

Full recap with pics:
https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/recaps/621483/general-hospital-victor-tells-peter-bailey-is-louise/

A Peter episode. WHY?????? do they hate us?

• Members

Thursday October 13, 2022 preemption log

Bold and the Beautiful was fully preempted. 
Some markets in USA and all of Canada got a rerun:
B&B Episode # 6900 from August 28, 2014 (Season 27, Episode 238).

Episode description: "Bob Barker meets Wyatt while visiting Liam; Deacon asks Hope to help him with Brooke."
What happens:

• Kim Matula's Hope is moving in with Wyatt whom she recently married, although she loves Liam. In previous episodes, Quinn had waylaid Liam to stop him from reaching Hope in time, and Hope had falsely assumed that Liam didn't want her, so she had married Wyatt.  Hope learned the truth but has moved forward with Wyatt anyhow and moved in with Wyatt -- and in this episode she is unpacking her belongings.
  • Bob Barker appears as himself discussing animal rescue spay and neuter programs with Liam. Wyatt makes a remark about crazy animal lovers, so Bob Barker punches Wyatt.
  • Brooke and Bill are married; but they are currently distanced because of the aftereffects of Bill arranging that Ridge be thrown out of the helicopter -- this had seemed to have long since been resolved... but Brooke is now upset because she recently learned that the aftereffect of that fall is making it difficult for Ridge to sketch designs.  In this episode, Brooke and Bill each (separately) remember their wedding and honeymoon in Abu Dhabi (flashbacks are shown of their beach wedding and camel rides). Bill tries to reconnect with Brooke, but she is hesitant.
  • Kim Matula's Hope has a scene with Deacon, who wants her help in reuniting with Brooke.
  • Linsey Godfrey's Caroline is involved with (or married to?) Rick Forrester, but Caroline is out of town. Maya Avant is modeling and flirting with Rick, as Oliver photographs.
  • Oliver invites Aly to the party at the Bikini. 
  • Ivy is interested in Liam.

Full recap: http://tvmegasite.net/updates/bb/2014/bb-08-28-14.shtml 

The entire episode is up on the B&B free international youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLMZRZMHP_o

Please register in order to view this content

^ screencap.

I miss Maya!

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thursday October 13, 2022 - Young and the Restless.
As expected, the first half aired on CBS in most of the eastern timezone, so it was not officially preempted.
Some areas got the whole episode, and some got part of it. 
But it's considered to have officially aired.  Not counted as a preemption.

Y&R Episode #12470 (Season 50, Episode 10)
US airdate Thursday, October 13, 2022. Canadian airdate Wed. Oct. 12.

Episode description: "Adam crashes Nick and Sally's date; Tucker makes a promise to Ashley."

If you missed the episode, it's available in Canada on the Global website.
https://watch.globaltv.com/series/32666602/
Listed as Oct/12/2022 because that's the Canada airdate.

It's up on cbs.com and paramountplus as "Season 50 episode 10" 10/13/2022.