Preemptions due to hearings

• Members

Thursday June 23 has been changed to 3 pm Eastern.
A lot of sites still show the old time of 1pm but it's now 3pm.

And yes the remaining hearings will be in July after the House takes its break.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The hearing starts at 3pm Eastern. Thursday June 23.

Very few major markets get GH at 3pm Eastern
(examples: New York, Philadelphia, and North Carolina).

Most of the rest of the Eastern timezone gets GH at 2pm Eastern.  So most of the USA would see GH before the hearing starts.

However GH has decided to preempt today June 23.
(Maybe they didn't know the hearing was changed from 1pm to 3pm?)
Well anyways, they've officially called a preemption.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The annoying thing is this is now messing with my DVR settings. It didn't record Monday's Y&R, which aired, or GH's special episode yesterday. But it always records the hearings when the show is preempted, lol. I know I can watch the shows online but it's annoying.

• Members

I can gets Days both at noon and 1 pm. On Tuesday, I saw the Abe Paulina wedding at noon and the other NBC station also showed Days and not the hearings at 1 pm. And today, at about 1:03 pm, our NBC station switched to Days and cut off Lester Holt. I was surprised by that given the vast repercussions of what was going on in today's news.  

• Members

Tues June 28:  CBS is airing the hearing.  B&B is preempted.
Los Angeles airs B&B later in the day so they are airing a rerun.
The LA station is airing a repeat of Steffy and Finn's wedding, from Friday, August 6, 2021.    They exchange vows and rings and are pronounced married. After the ceremony is complete, they begin the reception.  At the end of the episode, Finn steps aside to take medical phonecall and Sheila walks up to him and introduces herself as his mother.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

GH was already pre-planned to be preempted today July 4th.  They planned to show a rerun of the 11/24/2021 Thanksgiving episode.

Days hasn't been preempted for news since 2014 or so.  Some areas got today's DAYS episode, I found the episode on youtube and dailymotion.  They'll just put it on Peacock tonight.

Edited by janea4old