Does your soap have a "Red Swan", a s/l or phrase or character that makes you groan?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On B&B

Maya referencing her picture over the mantel, referring to herself as the Forrester matriarch ad nauseam.

For a show with a character named Hope, it became like a drinking game the way the word “hope” was worked into line after line of dialogue.

I never ever grew tired of Dorian calling for

Please register in order to view this content

Carlotta but hearing ~*Badhra*~ got on my damn nerves.

This one is actually a little endearing in hindsight, but on AMC, Corvina and that damn leopard!

• Members

DAYS, back in '96.... Kate using the phrase "schemed and plotted" when referencing Sami's manipulative efforts to keep Carrie & Austin apart.  I actually kind of loved it though, lol. Years after the fact, I'd still use that phrase with my sister and she'd instantly know what I was referring to. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess Cricket from Y&R would fit the bill. I never had issue with Lauralee Bell, but Cricket was suddenly the in demand model, teen advocate, teen slueth and desire of every young man in town. Then her mother turned up and married into the main family on the show, though oddly she had little to do with them during that period. 

• Members

OMG, the minute I saw the topic of this thread, my mind went straight to Corvina and the damn leopard! We used to imitate the actress and laugh our fool heads off at the ridiculousness of it.

Also from AMC, when Gloria was blackmailing Craig and saying, "...and if you so much as whistle Dixie..." It was a clever line during the initial scene, but they kept running it ad nauseam through flashbacks, I rolled my eyes every time it came on.

• Members

Y&R: anytime Nikki walked in on Victor talking to a woman she viewed as a threat-- and the woman was about to leave the room due to awkwardness-- Nikki would say "Please, don't leave on my account".

Examples: Diane Jenkins and Christine. 

Y&R: Nikki constantly crying, usually due to some jealousy or relationship based arguments, lol.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ironlion

• 3 weeks later...