Does your soap have a "Red Swan", a s/l or phrase or character that makes you groan?

• Members

On AW when Doug Watson died on May 1st 1989 it necessitated Mac Cory dying & they had to toss out 18 months of story, find a new man for Rachel, let everyone process their grief over the loss of Mac/Doug and someone who shall remain nameless decided that before he died while he was in Maine on business, that he found this artifact that meant something to him ... and he'd had it shipped back home ahead of him. Red sculpture? Red papier mache? Red ugly thing! Seemed like every day was dealing with the mystery of the Red Swan, because every day WAS dealing with it. Got so sick of it! You have anything or anyone like that on a show?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am just catching up on this year's B&B, and in case anyone missed it, Sheila swapped a couple of labels on a couple of champagne bottles, leading to Brooke and Deacon sharing a drunken kiss on New Year's Eve.

So I started counting the references to those *beep* champagne bottles and that *beep* New Year's Eve kiss.

In January 2022 alone (20 episodes), the show felt it was necessary to have a total of 9 flashbacks of Sheila and her champagne bottles. And it was also absolutely necessary to have no less than 22 flashbacks of Brooke and Deacon on New Year's Eve (trust me, I counted). And that's not even counting all the times the events of that night were discussed by characters on the show.

• Members

I bet Passions has a ton of these since they repeated everything ad nauseam on that show.

The reliquary on Y&R. I can't remember the plot at all but I know they said "reliquary" incessantly and that at one point Victoria recreated an ancient reliquary with gumption, spit and paper mache.

• Members

I was going to say Melissa Archer's character on Days (Serena?-I think) and that stupid Elephant statue with the blood diamonds in it.  Everyone was talking about that damn statue everyday.  That statue should have been on contract lol.  I don't even know what happened to that statue, but maybe Xander got it after Ben killed Serena.  Or maybe Eric still has it and the blood diamonds lol.

• Members

Add in DawnOfTheDead said as if it were all one word! That, too. Where's the emoji for sick to death of it!?

Please register in order to view this content

Okay,  bored to tears, that will do.

I was a poster on Usenet at the time, so in RATSc and even though I was posting about ATWT & GL, you still see all the subject lines from Y&R and B&B. And, I wondered what in the heck a reliquary was!

Thinking about the GAG Red Swan & this elephant statue & the reliquary I bet odds are that using an actual wooh-wooh statue or object increases the odds fans are gonna end up making fun of it instead of caring about it.

I absolutely LOVE that you kept that tally, serves 'em right.

• Members

Lol.  So the elephant statue asked for $5 dollars an episode?

Libidizone is a good one. 

I would like to nominate Sonny's kitchen moss for this, but no one talks about.  Everyone just secretly knows Kitchen Moss is a star..

• Members

I..........don't even like you to put that out into the universe, but why not?  Unless someone can tell me what happened to blood diamonds and porcelain elephant the story is unfinished lol.  And if they bring that back Ron will not mention Ben brutally murdered Serena.