Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I definitely don't want to overhype it lol, but it was a solid improvement over yesterday.  But I always find the Brady/Blacks more interesting than the Sarah/Xander/Hernandez side of the show.  The problem with Days is they consistently put their "worst" stories on in one episode then their less "worse" stories on the next day.  I know that's sort of the normal formula, but if they split up some of those stories or scenes on different days it might not seem as painful.  Sarah, Ava, Rafe, Gabi, Gwen et all is a lot of bad for one episode.

• Members

Oh, god. I hope that my past comments re: Belle/Shawn/Jan didn't come across as me being upset about it, lol! If anything, I was trying to focus on the stupidity and laziness of it all. I've read posts about how RC has done this kind of writing on OLTL and GH, and if that's the acceptable writing style these days, then I guess I should just jump on the bandwagon and be a gullible fool.

Belle being a basic bitch out of the blue does not help me like her with this force-fed storyline. Moreover, I feel like it's so force-fed that the only way for viewers to "tolerate" it is for Shawn to bring up Belle's affair with Phillip in his defense. I dunno. The whole thing is stupid and now I get to see this basic bitch drunk and act like a martyr.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Drunk Belle telling John about Jan's pregnancy. (I saw screencaps and those scenes look fun. )

BUT ...

I haven't watched yet.

I hope John remembers being a male rape victim during the subsex thing. and hopefully he can help Belle see Shawn's perspective.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I think Belle is in the wrong on the Shawn stuff, but I do think Martha does better playing the bitch or being snarky.  I think the show spent years making Belle into a mini-Marlena and it's just not Martha's strength as an actress.  To me, she is someone that works as an icy character, which isn't really what the character is about and that's why I dislike Belle, but anyway.....Belle needs to be a character somewhere in between Sami and Carrie because right now she is Carrie 2.0 and Christie is much better at filling that role as a mini-Marlena.

I have never been a fan of Belle, but when Kirsten Storms arrived Belle was a much sunnier, warm character-at least what you think John/Marlena's kid might be like.  MM's Belle doesn't seem like she takes after either of her parents, but I don't think the initial idea of the character ever changed if that makes sense?  

I am glad Shawn/Belle are getting a story because they do deserve an A story on this show, I just wish it wasn't so silly.  I think if the writing on this had any depth Belle shouldn't be angry about the lies, but something about Shawn not knowing the difference and equating it to his/her parents.  Saying John/Bo would know the difference and bring up her skewed vision of soulmates she got from her 'love conquers all' parents lol.  Even John's advice today was love conquers all-no worries Belle lol.  I don't think Belle/Shawn really work and both have a belief that they are forever soulmates because of their parents IMO and hold on to something that really isn't there.  But that was a very rambling take on them as a couple not really about the story lol.

• Members

Do you remember the actress who played Belle after Kirsten Storms? Now that one was a doozy. 

Please register in order to view this content

Yeah, as sad as it is to hear about her struggle with mental illness, I just feel like the character of Sarah Horton lacks substance. It's not just this current storyline but ever since the beginning when she was engaged to Rex or whatever always barking around like a chihuahua.

Edited by Noel

• Members

The very legendary Charity Rahmer?  Yes I do.  Rumor was she was literally a decoy for fans to accept Martha.  Which worked because Martha could at least memorize lines and realized hitting on her dad was not an appropriate character trait.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I didn't think today was too horrible (especially after yesterday's mess) but the devil stuff just makes me roll my eyes.

The devil should be killing people, but all we get is him messing with a cake. Lame and boring as hell. 

I also don't get why the devil doesn't just possess Ben or Ciara. That would be the easiest way to get access to the baby. Allie doesn't spend that much time with Ben and Ciara, and Johnny literally never shared a scene with them until after he got possessed. Trying to get access to the baby via the Horton twins is stupid. 

Also, today the devil said it's always wanted a little boy. Last time I checked, Allie has a toddler son at home. Why not just use Henry? 

I did laugh at Doug saying "preggers." 

I like Chanel but lately all she does is get her heart broken and cry about it. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I asked the same thing in another thread.  Henry's father was evil and the conception was rape.  It makes even more sense to use Henry.

I had to laugh at EVERYONE asking Shawn where Belle was.  No one has ever been that interested in Belle since her birth lol.  

Was AllieDevil hugging Marlena and telling her they missed her a sign?  Is this devil thing going to go full circle and come back to Marlena because I can't..

• Members
Week Last Year 2020 W18-49
1. The Price is Right 2 (CBS) 0.45 0.52 0.50 0.79
2. The Price is Right 1 (CBS) 0.40 0.43 0.42 0.68
3. The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS) 0.37 0.36 0.36 0.48
4. TODAY 3rd Hour (NBC) 0.36 0.40 0.45 0.73
5. The Young and the Restless (CBS) 0.35 0.39 0.44 0.59
6. The View (ABC) 0.32 0.34 0.36 0.52
7. Let’s Make a Deal 2 (CBS) 0.31 0.34 0.32 0.52
8. Let’s Make a Deal 1 (CBS) 0.29 0.30 0.26 0.46
9. TODAY with Hoda & Jenna (NBC) 0.26 0.32 0.35 0.52
10. General Hospital (ABC) 0.24 0.31 0.35 0.47
11. GMA3: What You Need to Know (ABC) 0.22 0.24 0.28 0.51
11. The Talk (CBS) 0.22 0.22 0.21 0.33
13. Days of our Lives (NBC) 0.21 0.29 0.26 0.45

• Members

Yeah, the red cake filling was stupid.  Who cares?  Again, the party would have been better if there were more people.  Victor is her grandfather-was he not invited?  Even something as simple as Roman, Marlena, and Kayla bringing their significant others would have made it seem like more of a party.  Nothing is a big deal because every party has like 5 guests lol.