Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

KL's introduction as Brady was rough.  He wasn't just resentful and bratty-he was awful and abusive to Marlena lol.  Sorry your lame mom croaked when you were 3 months old, and you were not the golden child that Belle was, but half the time you were living with Marlena even when John was with Kristen.   We had no indication that Brady suffered at all as a child.  Marlena named her freakin child after your mother before she knew it was John's.  But Brady was sad their were no pictures of Isabella in the living room and Marlena hated Isabella?  Whatever show.  Brady dressing as Gay Zorro and running around Tuscany with a toy gun and getting shot by Roman was good times though lol.

I don't get Belle's reaction either.  Especially with Shawn being so supportive about the 'things' Belle did while she was presumed Possessed, but I do think if she explained to Shawn she was scared Jan's baby would ruin their lives like her birth did to her mom and said she had irrational resentment that Shawn should have known the difference I could at least understand her point of view.  Not agree with it, but understand.

This show has no depth.  RC pretends to love history, but there are scenes where history can be played in the dialogue but just.........aren't.   It would have been nice if John took the stand that Shawn was raped and told Belle that.  He has experience with that with Kristen/Susan and Gina, but John didn't take any stance except it will all work out.  Maybe Marlena will?  Unless she's too busy partying it up at the gender reveal shindig still.

• Members

Hahahaha! Given the fact that I have a broken arm (first timer here), I'm on hydrocodone so I know this numbing all too well for the time being.

Still though. I mean, what couple in their stupid effin' mind wouldn't TALK about a situation like that? We didn't even know what happened to Jan afterwards, lol! There was no word that she went to Statesville or if she fell right back into a coma after the deed was done (since I'd like to equate this power as the fairy godmother power from Cinderella). There was no talk about ANY of it. Surely, Belle can notice if there are cum-stained Egyptian cotton bedsheets. Seriously, this storyline is really stupid. I'm not trying to gross anyone out, but it's time to get realistic and smell the Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa here. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

A couple of weeks ago in SOD, Beemer explained this as follows:  Belle assumed that she got there in time; and Shawn allowed her to assume that - because it was too traumatizing for him to talk about.  Beemer said that, back in December, Belle had mentioned something indicating her assumption, and Shawn had replied at the time with "I would never betray you" - which was true because didn't know it was Jan.

Per Beemer, Shawn didn't want to say out loud what had happened because that would make it "real" and he didn't want it to be real.  I think that's a fairly normal reaction to being raped.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I'm about a week behind, but has Belle questioned yet her own recollections of timeline? Like, when Marlena was possessed but wasn't fully taken over, there were chunks of time she couldn't recollect. But Belle just takes these instances at face value? She CAN recall her whereabouts in the courthouse during the time she was supposedly morphing into EJ to kiss Abigail, right?  Same with all the other instances.  She hasn't questioned the fact that she CAN recount where she's been and what she's been doing? 

So dumb. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

In all seriousness? Who the eff DOES that? I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would just "put it behind them". GTFOH man.  Still doesn't explain what happened to Jan, you know? We didn't know. Hell, if Satan brought me back to life, I'd ask: "Well, what's going to happen to me after I sleep with this dumb ass?" Satan replies: "Once you sleep with the dumb ass, the good news is that you'll still be alive, but the bad news is that you'll be in Statesville prison." 

So my ass is gettin' played? I'm the one who's gettin' the short end of the stick? Hell, nah. Send my ass back in the coma. And no one even talked about Jan or that situation for months on end! Not even Marlena, John, Ciara, Julie, or Doug. No one. No one even bothered. 

• Members

Yep, and as much as I'm playful about the scenario, it doesn't make any coherent sense and I refuse to buy it. It's just sloppy, lazy, insulting, etc. Sure, it's just a silly soap, but I'm also not stupid. I take offense at what I see going on. There was something that deeply disturbed me with the racial microaggressions when Jack was running for mayor and there was something that Eve said that really bothered me a lot. It made me feel very uncomfortable watching and hearing it. And then, how Ron C. writes women, people who identify as LGBTQ, etc., I'm not upset about it, but I find it insulting.

Edited by Noel