Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Am I the only one who actually wanted Leo not to be scheming?  I am not a Leo fan and could care less about him, but this all feels so predictable.   I don't think this is leading to Leo/Sonny- I think it might be leading to an addiction story with Sonny.   

• Members

No, you're not the only one, lol.  If anything, I wanted this to be one time when Leo WASN'T scheming, if only because he could feel justified in getting revenge against Chad, Sonny and everyone else for messing up his one, real chance at happiness.

• Members

Frankly, I don't see how.  Perhaps, if Will were to die off-screen, or if Sonny were to receive a "Dear John" letter from him, I could see Sonny turning to drugs or drink in order to numb the pain.  But you know what would be weird?  If it were Leo, of ALL people, to help Sonny beat his addiction and get sober again.  It'd show a surprisingly human side to Leo's nature and possibly lay the groundwork for Leo/Sonny Part Deux.

• Members

Agreed.  Again, I don't really care about Leo, but there are definite layers there with his abusive father and finding love with an older man and a chance at redemption.  But, nope, just scheming away for money..

ZT played Sonny really hopped up today. I could see a progression of Sonny staying in Salem and being lonely without Will and turning to booze at first to relax and then it escalates.  I wouldn't mind an addiction story and if Chandler isn't available I wouldn't be against Leo having a heart and helping.  I also want some Leo and John scenes.  I liked them when he thought Leo was his son. 

• Members

So, how is Eli doing? Now that Kayla no longer serves as the Chief of Staff at Salem Hospital, has Eli been transferred to another hospital where he can get the proper care that he needs? How are Lani and Valerie handling all of this? Paulina and Lani briefly text each other now and then, but Chanel had to talk to her mom about Allie and how she got dumped not only once but twice in the span of 2 to 3 months by "two different people." Doug and Julie haven't bothered to talk about Eli either. I don't know about you all, but I think they secretly visit him at the hospital, but we don't know. Likewise, the same as Belle and Shawn when they have private conversations with one another, and we're clueless. 

Is TC Coates (who's a big fan of fries with mayonnaise) still snorting heroin? How's the devil possession movie coming along? What is Abe doing to save Paulina from TC Coates? Is the new actress (who has a past with TC) sinking her teeth in the meaty Celeste Perrault role? Is EJ, TC, Susan, or Marlena looking for Johnny? Wait. Are they trying to pull our legs by doing this in private?

Edited by Noel

• Members

A couple of weeks ago, Leo and Craig had scenes where they were dining out and Leo kept encouraging Craig to “live” and order decadent food (steak, and so on). It totally reminded me of Maureen Stapleton’s character in Interiors when she’s telling her fiancé’s daughters over dinner how she’s been widowed twice all the while encouraging their father to indulge in gravy and cheesecake as ya only live once. She’s colorful (literally) and “fun” a la Leo, Nancy and Geraldine Page’s character in Interiors sharing the duped and rejected role as first and now no-longer-thrilling unwanted wife.

• Members

I was thinking about the original demonic possession and I think of it as a virus that attacked one person only & caused plenty of trouble for multiple persons as a result of it but that it wasn't contagious. And then I think of this version as Covid-aware & highly contagious & infecting multiple persons & I hated the different voices in Johnny. They seemed so silly. Now Sarah is a child & she again seems silly to me.

I hated the whole deal with the Parole Board pressuring relatives to take in a parolee. Just a cheap writer's trick to create automatic tension & conflict. I'm just so uncomfortable with a convicted pedophile sneaked in among normal people. And I have a pet peeve about bad Southern accents. I think they make the people using them seem stupid. And I think the accent James Reade is using is pitiful. Altho' it does fit with the name Clyde.

I miss Hope. I think there's a glaring hole where she should be at times. Elsewhere I saw a poster claim that Ken Corday promised KA that Hope would not be recast. Evah! Of course that could just be gossip. They say, the oft noted they, that it was Corday's request that the show revisit the demonic possession. More that could be gossip.

I still can't stand Gwen. And, I still dislike Leo altho' I love Greg Rikaart.

Let's hope for better days!