Soap Storylines/Moments You Would Have Written Differently

• Members

In the final days of GL I was as invested (wish there were another word) as I had been in the final days of AW.  Yes, whether it's writing on the wall or graffiti on the cinder block, the message was clear & I just dug in. What else are claws for? I was still there for ATWT after but it wasn't the same thing. With GL I was wholly into Otalia, Jammy, Jilly, Wheeler & whoever was in the next scene. So, after I did my due diligence in Oakdale, I put away my soap watching, something I started in '68! Now I too struggle being a fan again. Why isn't it easy? I'm having success with GH; I'm failing with DOOL.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just having ventured into the B&B: From The Beginning thread, gave me an idea of a storyline that I would have written. I haven’t watched the show in, well ages, but hear me out.

Please register in order to view this content

If Zende is back on the canvas, as I have read, what’s the reason for not having Kristen make appearances? Hell, I would have brought back Clarke Garrison as an instructor at the local fashion institute (L.A.’s version of FIT) and have he and Zende meet, bond, have Clarke mentor Zende’s path to stepping up in design (is Zende a designer? He should be).  When Kristen returns to L.A. she finds out and is thrilled that Zende is so passionate about pursuing design, has only heard briefly about an amazing design instructor but would like to know more about them. Meanwhile, Kristen is concealing the fact that her marriage has grown stagnant and she and Tony have agreed to a trial separation.

• Members

Me, I still don't get it. But, I didn't get either of the second locale or second 'hoods. Not the Island Empire nor the mob. But, I never went in for fan grroup activites. I just liked who I liked, didn't like who I didn't like & tried not to trip over yet another portmanteau!

What I'd like to see & which fits in with this thread would be for everyone to do an elaboration on Nancy Curlee's alternate Mo Bauer story. We could call them AltMos. The goal would be to have the best way to get Mo back into a place of her own.

• Members

I'd have Danny Santos turn out to be a long-lost, or previously unknown child of a Springfield veteran. Once this reclamation of Paul Anthony Stewart's name & history, I'd conclude all Mob storylines, forever.

I'd have Michelle & Bill realize that they meant more to each other than just the good friends they were, that there was a spark there & recreate the promise of Young Bill & Young Michelle.

I'd give Olivia & Natalia a realistic wholly realized sexual relationship.

Tammy would live & she & Jonathan & Sarah would live happily ever after.

Somehow I would prevent Ben Reade from ever meeting Eden. I know, Eden never came to town. She found a mark too good to be true & she & her grifter's heart would be busy fleecing him. So, Ben would never become a sex worker & never suffer a devastating mental blow resulting in suicide.

There would be no Jeffrey O'Neill.

Prince Richard would not die. But, he would come near to death & have an Epiphany & disavow the crown & eschew the kingdom. Edmund would leave to go home & run that same kingdom that we would never hear another word about. Richard would found a company that printed the words to poems on products for sale. His first big seller would be a series of things, like a lap blanket, framed print & stationery set with the words to the Mary Oliver poem, Wild Geese, on them.

@Mitch64 Can you tell me what stories Millee Taggart-Ratcliffe & her co-HW began that Ellen Weston completed? Do you know why they didn't just stick with Millee & whoever it is I can't think of right now?

Edited by Tonksadora
Typos!

• Members

I don't remember every detail of things now.  But one I would have done with Maureen is turn to Roger after finding out about the Lillian affair.  She was his only friend in town at times and it would have made sense to me.  Turn Maureen into somewhat of a bad girl for a brief period.  I could just envision scenes between Ellen Parker and Michael Z with him consoling her, and understanding...and making the viewers wonder - is there a good person in there? Is Roger all bad?  Or is he using the affair to take a dig or take something from Ed?  I could totally see Roger/Michael Z in a conversation with Maureen - are you seeing your knight in shining armor for what he is now, Maureen?  Are you sure I slipped from his hands all those years ago in Santo Domingo? He's done this before, with Claire you know.  Now Lillian.  But he's a great guy, right?  Etc. etc.  Huge triangle between Maureen, Holly, and Alexandra over Roger.

• Members

I love it! I can just see Maureen going to Roger & Roger maybe wanting to kill Ed! No? Too much. Okay. Ed's the only person who did not have to pay for his mis-actions in the canon. History let Ed off the hook, pretty as you please. Lilian had guilt, shame & the loss of that friendship with  Mo!

But, let me remind you what Nancy Curlee said in this Alan Locher, Locher Room where he talked to her & her husband, Stephen. Nancy said that we'd see the car but then we'd see two people standing also looking at the car. We'd realize who they were! Maureen, alive, unharmed, not in the car, and beside her, Roger. Maureen would be very upset & be saying, over & over, "I've got to get out of here. I've just got to get out of here." Roger would try to calm her some but mostly would get her walking with him, go to a car & put he in & drive to a hotel (unless it was a boarding house or someplace, but someplace where he could stash her & no one know for some unknown amount of time) & leave her there & reassure that he'd come tomorrow.

And, that's what Nancy Curlee wishes she had written, now looking back on it & all that has come since then. I think its brilliant but I'm biased I think she is a brilliant writer.

• Members

I had all kinds of things in my head that Roger would have said to Maureen.  "You've put up with him for a long time for some reason.  You've done great raising Michele by the way.  You're faced with the evidence of his slap in the face to you every single day. And what did you do?  Loved her.  You loved Michele because it was the right thing to do.  What did Ed do to thank you?  What does it look like to you now?  But I'm always wrong in this town, I'm the bad guy.  We all know that, right?  What does it really look like to you now, Maureen?  I'm here and you're listening to me right now because you know I'm right."  Etc. etc.