Soap Storylines/Moments You Would Have Written Differently

• Members

How would you tweak a particular storyline? For example, I'd rewrite the Ice Princess story to say Mikkos Cassesidne was Russian rather than Greek, and trying to secure a nuclear weapon to destroy Port Charles or something to make it more realistic and less cartoonish. It would fit into the ongoing cold war at the time. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

On GL I would've made Sebastian Roger's half brother instead of son.  Sending those coins to everyone and moving around Michele's furniture like he was Susan Piper.

Carrie Nye's second character, Carruthers killed her niece.   That was weak.  I would've  had Alan be revealed to be the kier and send him away.  Maybe bring him back as a better recast later.

GL, Zachary the Angel is granted mortal status.  As being tied to the Bauers long ago he is reincarnated as a long lost son of Mike Bauer.

Cassie would've been revealed to be Sarah's kid with Henry Chamberlain.  Jeffrey would be Ed's son, FINALLY giving us more Bauers with him, ava and colin.

• Members

Y&R

When Paul faked his death during the Cassandra story, he revealed to Lauren that he was alive.

She then went off and married Scott.

IMO it would have been better for Lauren to believe that Paul was dead, thus deciding she needed to move on with Scott. So that when Paul is revealed to be alive, there is immediate conflict as Scott would wonder if Lauren now regrets the marriage and Lauren herself second guessing her choice now that Paul is available.

When Leslie Brooks attended the Tuscan wedding, there should have been some discussion with Jack about their connection through Theo.

• Members

I was hoping they would've had Leslie mention to Jack that she and the sisters visited Theo. Or at least a mention of Brooks now running Prentiss. But she was mostly used as a background character instead of the legacy character that she is. 

• Members

GH 

Not killing off Alan Quartermaine in 2007!!! He had so much left to give for the show

Please register in order to view this content

Instead of giving Jeff Webber like 3 daughters why not bringing him finally back on screen instead? I swear I can’t believe it’s been 4 decades since Jeff has been seen while his daughter  Liz is celebrating 25 years on screen. Come on

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

GH- when Lesley was revealed to be alive, she eventually regains her life and status as a doctor, and plays a part in both Alan’s addiction storyline (supportive and maybe also the one that holds him accountable at the hospital) and vying for Chief of Staff of GH, causing friction with Monica.  Rick and she share scenes but not a reunion, and Mike decides to stay with her and finish up his medical degree at PCU.

• Members

Mikkos was Russian IIRC, according to the actual retcon GH did with the Cassadines years later, making them Russians who'd emigrated to Greece. They have largely been depicted as of Russian ancestry since the '90s.

Edited by Vee

• Members

During the Maryanne Caruthers storyline, rumors surfaced that Jeffrey would be revealed as Ed and Maryanne's illegitimate son, but GL fans raised a stink (and rightly so!), so the plot twist was abandoned.

• Members

Oh, where do I begin, lol?

Instead of making Josh Madden (AMC) the Unabortion, I would have made him Kendall Hart's fraternal twin.  Erica, we learn, had two children by Richard Fields.  However, nobody (even Erica) knew about Josh, because he was born after Kendall, when Mona was presumably out of the room (and Erica was just plain out of it).  That way, you still have the novelty of Erica Kane having a son, but not in a way that defies logic (well, not defy it TOO much) or medical science.

I also would have left Kelly, Kevin and everyone else on OLTL out of the Babe/Bianca baby switch.  The story was convoluted enough without dragging another show into it, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Right now on Days, I would've kept Allie and Chanel's night together a secret until long after Johnny became unpossessed. Have Allie and Chanel feel guilty for a while, which makes Tripp suspicious, all while Johnny lives in blissful ignorance.

Then finally after a nice slow burn, reveal the secret and blow both couples up at the same time.

• Members

Thanks, I was going to bring that up...Also, that uh, larger girl who was Doris's daughter (I stuck through hell and back with GL but the part of Peapack I could not take so I forget a lot...) was supposed to be Ricks' kid from back when he donated sperm in college...dumb plot and I guess supposed to be funny but I could actually see her as a Bauer..she was always getting into people's business and had a dumb sense of humor (aka he must be Rick's kid..) Anyway, it leaked and out it went.

To follow that line of thinking...I would have had Brent be Rita's son by Ed.  Instead of sacrificing him on the alter of Cooper, namely to make the audience feel for Lucy by using the oldest, and most distasteful soap trick there is, by having her be raped...I would have had AM and Brent vying for Lucy and power in Spaulding..to Brent Lucy would just be spoils as he will think AM is his brother..(Rita will lie to both he and Alan) and Lucy will actually be into him, so there is a triangle there (believe me I would ship Lucy out of town but...) no rape, and as much as I would hate to loose her...no Marion Crane.  Anyway, it all comes out that Brent is actually AM's cousin as he is Ed's kid with Rita which would bring a "bad" Bauer on board. Roger would sink his claws in him to keep him on the dark side and the Roger/Ed/Alan circle of rivalry would continue.