GH: Fan Fave Being Recast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

GH drags it's feet when they have a good thing. While I respect that General doesn't slap couples together like the bold and the beautiful, they did the same thing with Jason and Britt. Took to long to pair them, interrupted the story with a poorly executed Carly marriage plot and then Burton got fired, so no Jason & Britt. We barely got any time with Spencer and Trina as a couple while Sydney was still in the role.

I understand her wanting to go to college (I'm unsure of the major). But if it's not something like law or medicine that explicitly requires specific credentials, will college take her further than a role on a network television show, even if its a soap? Daytime can still be a good launching pad--ala Justin Heartley.

• Members

Maybe this recast will end up doing well. We've had had some good recasts lately. I think that both Cam Mathison and Krista Allen have been doing a nice job in their roles as new Drew and Taylor. Even if their storylines aren't the best right now. Cam's Drew has chemistry with a lot of people and Krista bears a good likeliness to Hunter Tylo's Taylor and is fitting well in the role. Maybe this new young actress will be fit in well as Trina and have chemistry with people especially Nick.

I agree that Sydney and Nick had great chemistry. I hope he has good chemistry with this new actress, though things won't be the same. He is one IMO, that tends to have chemistry with a lot of people so maybe he will have chemistry with this new actress. 

I will miss Sydney. I enjoyed her in the role and loved her and Nick's version of Spencer together. I wish her the best.

Edited by xtr

• Members

tbh I find he entire younger set on GH boring as hell, and Trina seemed place-holder af w/ Spencer just keeping the seat warm for Jos/Spencer, that's why she has a rivalry w/ Esme instead of Trina (always seemed strange...)

• Members

I agree. There is slow burn and then there is letting water almost boil out of the pot until there's almost none of it left. And I feel like they did the latter with Sprina these past few months. It's a shame because even though her time was limited due to school, I still believe they could have done more with this version of Spencer and Trina. They should have kissed already, the show wasted too much time not doing anything with them. Or even developing Esme and her background properly. We still don't know what Esme's connection with Ryan is.

On the bright side, I have a feeling that Sprina will be shown considerably more now that we have the new actress and (I believe) she will have more time to dedicate to the role. So maybe that will help with things, especially if her and NC have chemistry together. I do think that this shows the show is still interested in the pairing. They could have just sent Trina off screen like they did other people, but they didn't. I hope that the recast works out. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

They slow-rolled them at least in part because it's not Joss, and Spencer/Trina are intended by FV ultimately as a B-couple and sidekicks like what Starr and Cole had on OLTL.

We'll see how the new girl works out. I agree SM was also green, but like Chavez she had charisma and spark.

• Members

I’m happy she did this. They write these teens like they’re in middle school and the story doesn’t go anywhere for them. Plus with her being Black, there’s only a matter of time before she becomes a background character. She got the experience, built a fanbase, now she can go to college and get a degree to set up her future. Acting will still be there when she graduates at 22.