Franko

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's always great to see someone like Angela Lansbury, who can be so eloquent in these situations.  Compare her speech for her friend to the kind of speeches you get nowadays at awards ceremonies, and you'll understand what I mean.

And while I usually love Dame Angela's wardrobe choices (...usually...), I really must question where she picked up THAT frock, lol.

Edited by Khan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

The cozy "Maltese Falcon": How "Murder, She Wrote" reinvented mysteries forever | Salon.com

Murder, She Wrote pretty much paved the way for all those Hallmark mystery movies.

Recalling the unexpected success of Angela Lansbury's 'Murder She Wrote' - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

LOL at Angela Lansbury mistakenly calling Miami Vice as Miami Heat.

Two promos for the premiere

Edited by kalbir

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Promo for season 2 premiere at 4:32. 

Promo for season 3 premiere at 9:25. This season had an episode that reached #1 (Night of the Headless Horseman), and the highest rated episode of the series (Simon Says, Color Me Dead got a 30.4 rating).

Promo for season 4 premiere at 0:34

Promo for season 6 premiere at the start

Promo for season 11 premiere at 6:04

Edited by kalbir

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

I've been able to re-watch the first season as its airing on Canadian television.

What strikes me is the different tone compared to the later seasons. The show feels quirkier, a little more violent/dangerous, and Jessica's characterization is a bit more eccentric New Englander than the sophisticated, but still very warm, woman she became. 

• Members

I remember some comments about this with regard to one of the videos that Murder She Wrote recap woman on Youtube made, about the episode with Andrew Stevens as a smooth talker who was into older women and might have been a killer - that it couldn't have been done in later seasons of the show. 

• Members

Unpopular opinion here, but I loved the episode from the final season that shaded Friends. Mainly because I never liked Friends anyway.

After seeing that 60 Minutes interview from 1996 where Angela Lansbury tore up when talking about the end of Murder, She Wrote, I totally get why the final season had episodes that took swipes at both Friends and CBS. 

Angela did not give a f--- about being elegant and classy with her shade. She was hurt and rightfully so and I don't blame her for reacting the way she did.

That final season move by CBS to Thursday 8 pm wasn't a tank job, it was straight up sabotage.

Edited by kalbir