Franko

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Right, lol?  But, I've wondered whether Angela Lansbury liked the idea of Jessica teaching criminology at a university, because the season after the second show-runner, David Moessinger, left, it seems like that was dropped entirely.

There's also a point in the latter seasons when I really start questioning whether Jessica needs a home base.  I mean, if she wasn't still in NYC, she was traveling all over the country (and the world).  It seemed like she was in Cabot Cove maybe one week out of every three months, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just saw another of the darker MSW episodes. Season 4, Episode 2, 'When Thieves Fall Out'

It's one of those episodes about people Jessica knows personally and her time as a teacher in Cabot Cove.

No spoilers, but the ending is really good as Jessica basically says she doesn't care that justice was done because the result has hurt her and so many people she cares about.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

As a child I was traumatized by an episode in which Jessica was helping a woman, who was seeing her dead husband and hearing him around the house. It was very spooky and I had it recorded on VCR and would re-watch it all the time. Does anyone know which episode this is... in the end it ended up not being paranormal of course.

• Members

You might be talking about "Reflections of the Mind," which aired on 11/3/1985, during MSW's second season.  Guest stars included Ann Blyth, Ben Murphy, Stacy Nelkin, Esther Rolle, Steven Keats, Martin Milner and Wings Hauser (ex-Greg, Y&R).  What I loved about that episode was how Jessica did not at all think her friend (Blyth) was losing touch with reality; that, in fact, what she saw and heard were very real, and very clearly the work of someone trying to drive her mad.  Now that's a friend, lol!

Edited by Khan

• Members

I agree.  It's one thing if MSW no longer fit within CBS' agenda.  No show runs forever.  But CBS owed Angela Lansbury the opportunity to close the show on her terms after everything she had done to help the network through what you yourself called some very awful years in the late '80's and early '90's.

• Members

100% this. Murder, She Wrote was CBS's rare bright spot in that third place primetime mess era. After carrying CBS primetime on her back for the better part of a decade, Angela deserved so much better at the end than what she got. There's a special place in hell for Les Moonves for the way he treated Angela and for his comment about her years later.

Edited by kalbir

• 2 months later...
  • Members

random question - but I was always under the assumptions that the show was about the murders that Jessica - as a novelist - wrote. Cabot Cove was not a dangerous place, it was just a city in her mind.

Am i wrong?

• 4 weeks later...