Best and Worst Daytime Wigs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That Laura wig reminds me of the time Sonny/Brenda went on the run during that tinman saga with a bunch of Luke/Laura "disguises" and one was a blonde pig tailed wig and Sonny put on a baseball hat.    And I think even Brenda said WTH would Laura have a blonde wig?   So my assumption is that Luke/Laura weren't as stealthy as we thought in the disguise department.

• Members

I guess looking at that original disguise situation in another way...I suppose there weren't too many men's wigs in Wyndham's Department Store. 

Please register in order to view this content

The other options would have been to either dye, straighten or cut TG's hair...dyeing it would have made him look like his costar, Richard Simmons, and straightening or cutting it...well, considering it was such a huge trademark of Luke's at the time, that probably wouldn't have gone over too well with the fans. 

Edited by applcin

• Members

Chances are, if Ron Carlivati had been writing GH back then, he would have had TG/Luke disguise himself either as his BRIGHT PROMISE character or his guest-starring role on “All in the Family” as a not-so-subtle wink to the audience.

• Members

I felt like we saw Paul Leyden’s hairline expand and shrink on World Turns and I could never tell if it was a rug or if they just disguised it by pushing his hair cut short and forced styled forward.  Similar with Darrin Brooks on Bold. If I’m not sure then maybe they’re doing well. 

It was wiga-licious.

• Members

Did we ever get the story behind this? It was so jarring.

This poor beautiful girl.

I feel for any black actress on daytime honestly. I wonder if Days and GH have black hairstylists (or at least hairstylists who know how to treat a variety of hair textures) since they have the largest AA casts on daytime.

Here's what Victoria Rowell had to say about hairstylists at Y&R.

• Members

Those were good ones if I remember.  I remember some much worse than those - that top one is pretty normal looking to me at least.  At least the top one looks like possibly someone that just didn't know how to properly straighten their hair and didn't do such a hot job.  Or girls I know that used to overspray with product, curl, and then not brush it out at all.  Not necessarily a bad wig.  There were some terrible ones they put her in...that one with bangs is more the one(s) I remember.  

Did someone mention J.M. Woods' wigs?  There were days where the things were so totally jet black and had a life of their own.  Hideous.