Days of Our Lives –Weekly Preview (12/27/21)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For me it was never the taping ahead that was an issue, in fact, I don't give a darn if they tape two years in advance.  The idea that productions would change course due to audience response has always been a fallacy in my mind, and I don't think it matters when scenes are taped.

I don't like the production model where they film multiple episodes with one group of characters in a single set, and all of the action takes place within that bubble.  This was the same model before COVID, so I don't think it is a reaction to the pandemic, I would guess that it is just cheaper to film a couple of actors on one set and then edit it into multiple episodes. 

But, it feels claustrophobic.  I recall the classic Y&R when everyone would have breakfast together, then go to the office, then off to Gina's for lunch, and the Colonnade room for dinner.  The change in setting allowed different characters to interact and it felt like a town.  In Salem, people go weeks not seeing their relatives with whom they live, and nobody seems to care what is happening on the other side of town.

Edited by j swift