Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was able to watch the show on Friday and I appreciate that Corday is always going to get the scene with the Hortons hanging their ornaments, with lingering shots on each one, come hell or high water.

The camp with John fighting the Devil is, of course, hammy and insane...but I liked it a lot. To make this kind of camp work, the actors have to take it dead seriously and Drake commits to these kinds of scenes and he makes them work.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

KevC! He's still around. Watching Days and loving it. I reconnected with him on Twitter, seems like he's doing good.

SON has always been like home to me. I remember bonding with one of the original staffers who lived in New York on 9/11. We'd gotten in an argument the night before on another board and said some mean things to each other. The next day we bonded in our grief like the fight never happened. I always think of that when I think of SON because it was born less than a month later. As I recall we were trying to escape the tyranny of another board.

I also remember the staff chats with Toups, Errol, etc. Good times! 

I take your point about MM/Belle. I think the reason I loved her years ago was because I was so done with Kirsten. Now I can take or leave her, no huge complaints though. The Valley Girl vocal inflection can go though.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Watching Friday's episode. This is a joke, right??? They can't be serious with this devil stuff and Belle who is Jan and suddenly Fake Belle is turned into Jan? Stupid. I'll be glad when the devil stuff is over and we can get back to the real soapy drama. The devil stuff was great back in the 90's when they had a budget and a writer who could tell a story. Ron Carlivati is not a good fit for this show but he remains. There's no hope for Days getting  any better. I'd be embarrassed to present this show as daytime drama at its best. It's a safe bet that Friday's show will not be submitted for the Emmys. It was probably the stupidest episode of a soap opera that I've ever seen. Sorry for the negative rant. It was so bad. 

• Members

Watching the Christmas episode now. I had to roll my eyes at Chad and Abby wishing Ben a Merry Christmas. 

I don’t care for Missy’s political beliefs, but it was nice to see her back even though I did enjoy Cady in the role. 

The lack of Hortons for the ornament hanging was sad.

• Members
THE 2021 HORTON CHRISTMAS TREE...

Here's some photos of different angles of the Horton Christmas tree, so you can see the additional ornaments that were on the tree but didn't make it on air:

a7114805a62c27694d9d15188f2e94b5c37f922f

fc6d29e2b2fc3252eb695e594e8bb0a31393062d

fc6c78309fee7b462604209d21d63707af3d05e2

2983b566f890e76f10ce85299c93eb97bef149b3

HORTON ORNAMENTS # 73 & # 74 DEBUT...WELCOME CARVER & JULES!

eda4982de604204a02175a4539fe787a76100833

ea2aebb1482a6fcacc97cf0b7be1c70ef992f130

• Members

I'm sorry, but I'm really going to need this possession storyline to be over and done with, and to never be touched upon ever again.
Between the sh*t writing and real bad acting (mainly from Deidre Hall), this is just laughable because of how bad it is.
And then inserting clips from the original storyline, this looks cheap and rushed.

If we get another renewal, and I do mean IF, I'm really going to need some major changes to happen, both in terms of executive production, overall production and head writing.

• Members

I loved Jules and Carver getting ornaments. Those are the cutest babies. 

The EJ/Nicole scenes were a bit bizarre because the thought never seemed to cross EJ's mind that he should tell Nicole that he's back with Sami. At one point he even said Rafe is jealous of him because he's with Nicole, present tense. I guess we're going to drag this out for a bit. 

Lucas and Sami are so much fun. They just play so well off each other. So the devil didn't make Lucas kidnap Sami, but planted the idea in his head. Good enough for me. 

The less said about those scenes where John was trying to exorcise Marlena, the better. 

I love that Eric is back. 

• Members

How do you start a Monday episode? Both Tripp and Johnny shirtless.... Yummmm.

The episode wasn't that bad minus Deidre awful acting. 

Not happening since it was already reported that the storyline won't end till February.