Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ouch.  I don't think she's a bad actress at all.  She's fair.  I don't think she ever got the credit she deserved because she was on Days in the 90's, but probably would have won a couple of emmys if she was on GH or YR.  Again, CC isn't a flashy actress but she is a likeable one.  I am a sucker for actors that grow up in roles though.

I think it was a great tribute to Jarlena as a couple up until he was banging Hope in a submarine.  But they clearly gave a lot of thought, money, and effort to the wedding and honeymoon.

• Members

I feel the same.

She's kind of a wooden actress but she has charisma, rootability and heart, also important components.

It bothered me they tossed Brandon Tyler in '99. He was as wooden as the floorboards but I bought him as the spoiled brat kid of Kate and Victor and thought he'd have been fine in time.

JKJ came in with all his... weirdness, and I was like who is this dude? I never invested in Phloe or Phan or Phynthia or whoever the hell they tried pairing him with because I never liked JKJ.

The only time I liked JKJ was when he f_cked MM's Belle.

Best thing about Kyle Brandt was his looks. I crushed on him from Real World Chicago.

By the way, hi Amello!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by KLN

• Members

In a sea of bad actors on Days, CC was nowhere near the bottom.  There were worse acting atrocities happening right next to her with Austin Peck.  I prefer a likable, charming actress that works well with her co stars over a big, showy, great actress.  She had heart and warmth with her co stars and was pretty enough but not overwhelmingly beautiful.  She was relatable.  Carrie was a girl you might know and be friends with.  

• Members

Not off topic, but sort of off topic....I am deep diving into days and right now I am at Jarlena's 1997 reunion (I skipped way ahead because I got bored) and the blocking of scenes is so odd.  Jarlena are reuniting and weirdly moving all around Marlena's (gorgeous, wonderful, best set ever) penthouse while talking and it feels so awkward.  Even their kisses/makeouts seem so weirdly rehearsed.  They dont feel like that now even when they are both 70.  It is just such a big space and they keep moving all around the room.  Strange directing and the DH's must be so much more comfortable with one another now because their love scenes seemed almost awkward back then, but still hot because duh John and his 90's penis.........

• Members

Until the Last Blast crew, my memories watching as a child are very spotty. I can remember Krista Allen giving 'swamp girl' a makeover and that damn compact everyone went on and on about, but I probably never even saw Brandon Tyler because of school. 

At that tender age, JKJ and Jason Cook added to my sexual awakening at the time and that's all I really cared about critically speaking. I never cared for Belle until MM's version had the affair with Philip. Prior to that I liked him with Chloe, and to this day, have always detested Brady Black and, if death actually meant something, truly believe killing him would be a great idea. I honestly can't speak to his acting ability anymore because I haven't watched in years, just the odd clip here and there, but it seems to be pretty universal that JKJ has been awful, which is saddening to hear, because at the very least I always found him rootable.

Also, glad to see you back Kenny! OT: Are you watching Dexter: New Blood? I'm cautiously loving it!

• Members

No but my sister is loving it so I'll probably check it out. I'm glad you're liking it! I haven't heard anything bad yet.

I don't watch much of anything these days. Who needs fiction when the world is a sh_tshow in real time?

How perfect is Krista for Taylor?

That wig though...

Edited by KLN

• Members

I am watching John/Marlena's non wedding now and the Kristen/Stefano plan to stop it sounds SOOOO SINISTER.  They keep saying how are we going to pull this off?  It's so EVIL!!  And like in the scheme of things, your timing is awful, but bringing Roman back to his family is pretty nice and not evil at all.    And Marlena and John are reading Roman's death letter in bed before having sex.  Weirdos........I forgot they brought Roman's death and letter up 10000 times before their wedding and I was vaguely shocked when he reappeared.  I think I was just young and stupid because there should have been a sign over Jarlena scenes saying 
ROMAN WILL BE BACK and I missed it.   Also, I feel really bad for Marlena because Sami is pretending to like her but secretly hates her and the only thing Marlena wants is for her to accept her.  I freakin hate Sami in 1997.  It's weird because Marlena is like BFF with Lexie but Hope is nowhere to be found in John/Marlena wedding stuff.  Bo's there, but not Hope.   I guess Hope is hanging out with Franco and not part of my edits but it does seem weird.   And I think JLB is trying to play Laura like she's a little unhinged, but she comes off as someone's drunk aunt instead lol.

Also, AS finally cut her hair and it's adorable and Deidre Hall is spending a full scene talking to AS about how beautiful her hair is in the background and I love it.  It's a cute scene where you know the actors are just talking to each other and it made it to air.  I miss that in group scenes now.  Marlena says Sami has the best hair of all her children, and well, I saw MM's Belle hair in 2007 so no lies there.

Edited by carolineg