GH: Rumors regarding the vaccine mandate

• Members

Frank never wanted Burton and couldn't get rid of him fast enough when he took over.  It was Benard who got that ball rolling.  He wanted Burton and not Miller as his #1.  Burton's reduced airtime is very telling - decrease airtime so viewers can get used to not seeing him.  Not sure who, BTS, are working OT to keep Burton because it sure as hell aint Frank Valentini!  

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson have an upcoming comedy gig in Sacramento on Nov. 13.  I looked up the venue.  It says that the audience members can be admitted by either proof of vaccine or proof of negative COVID test.

On November 10, on the podcast "That's Awesome with Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson", the episode is titled "I wanna be held hostage in a wine cellar!"
https://www.stonecoldandthejackal.com/scj-podcast/awesome-11-10-21

The Nov 10 podcast begins with SB saying that all (or most of) his (SB's) planned material for that appearance .... "is pretty much irrelevant now".  He said he was going through his routine and he can't do his planned jokes.  Bradford said his (BA's) stuff can still be done.  SB said yeah BA's stuff will still work.  They said BA's stuff isn't storyline-related so it will work.   SB says he will go through some of his (SB's) old material from old shows to find things he can do at the upcoming gig, and maybe do a "best of" jokes compilation.  

Then they went on to talk about golf.  That was the first few minutes of the podcast.  I don't know what they discussed in the rest of the hour-long podcast.

• Members

Frank cares about dollars and cents and keeping the lights on, and his favorites, and not much else IMO. I've seen him bring back people he had vocal beef with at OLTL and GH many times (on the other person's end - Frank never speaks on that stuff in public). It was a financial and ratings calculation to bring Steve back, so I always knew it would happen eventually. He might even bring William deVry back if it became necessary, and FV was trying to dump him for literal years.

FV thought he could make Burton bend the knee and continue on a recurring basis in 2012, and it didn't happen. So he waited til Y&R cut him loose and he was open to making a deal because IMO to Frank, with rare exception, all that matters is the bottom line. Bringing back Steve Burton meant a ratings bump. Same principle: If the gay storyline on OLTL costs them conservative viewers in 2010, he wipes that entire canvas out. If Ron wants to use less mob, they use less mob, until the audience or the network complains, then the mob comes back with a vengeance in 2013 and continues to this day. He was the same way with Dena Higley at OLTL - dispassionate. We know today, many years later, that he hated working with her but did he ever say a word about it in the press or stop promoting her product and start admitting error? Not once. And if he beefed with as big a star as Steve Burton, but it was years ago and he can make a dollar now, will he have him back? Absolutely.

Frank is generally ice cold about this stuff. His only visible weak point, in terms of composure, not taste because his taste is a mess period (IMO) is the OLTL stars - all that cool goes out the window for Howarth #3 or Easton #4. If he could keep Burton IMO he would, and I am sure Steve will unfortunately be back.

(There are exceptions, of course - Vanessa Marcil and Jonathan Jackson. Allegedly, neither have been asked back despite being willing, and that IMO is because Frank doesn't want big enough stars there to outshine his preferred frontburner stars who have more pull than him. Steve had to come back after Y&R. So I think we can also say that FV's barometer for not letting anything personal get in the way of the bottom line has changed since being at GH.)

Edited by Vee