GENERAL HOSPITAL November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cam looked like he was happy to be away from Cassadine island and ready to start interacting with more people, when he showed up at Sam's door. I am interested in seeing how his interactions with Sam and Scout are. I thought he was good with kids on All My Children. 

This is a nice picture of him with KM/Sam and the young girl that plays Scout. They look like a family. The little girl that plays Scout is cute.

Edited by xtr

• Members

11-18

I don't know what's funnier...the smirk Nina gave Carly when Willow defended her or Britt's 'I don't care if there are 5 guards with guns on me, you take that bast&rd out' to Orbecht. Clearly someone is having fun with the writing again. 

But due to all the real life mess, the storylines are now converging on each other and watching them either climax or take a turn has been great. 

For example, the art show. Product placement? Sure. So to distract, let's start blowing up all kinds of stories at once. Leo and his autism. The Bailey storyline. Brando/Sasha being used as the catalyst to get to the next turn in the Bailey storyline by way of Esme. And here we are with her by way of the Spencer/Trina story because we all know she thought Trina was in that room. And I did not even mentioned the continued setup up for Victor vs Nik and Ava. And I just liked the setup of the art show itself. It made sense that Trina would be doing a project for college and used her and Ava's art connection (not to mention the Quartermaine money...nice touch) and just seeing Leo and his funness for art. I thought the camera angles were well done and gave an intimacy to so many moments. And even when other parts of the storyline was going on, you saw the actors (not just extras) in the background. 

Speaking of the Bailey storyline, one thing I can think of thanks to Austin's presence is that Maxie's smarts are back. She gathered Austin together like she did Peter when she found out the truth. He can be self righteous all he wants, but he is no better than Brooklyn either. So he can shut up. I take it now that Maxie is telling him they are not friends that that means that is the end of Austin/Maxie. Shame because there was a big of spark in their scene. And I would rather want him with her than someone I really like. *cough*Liz*cough*

Meanwhile, the stuff on Cassandine Island was building to exploding. And I liked how that has build across the art show episode. To Victor getting out by Scott to the team of Anna/Valentin figuring out where Jason/Britt/Dr. O are to Peter (ugh! this trick) filming Britt/Jason...it has built. And I liked Jason vs Drew...though I can't remember how Jason got the card.

My only nitpick is what was said above. They did a lot of this last week...just sub in the art show for the Savoy...and learning their lesson last week, they did it again this week with much better results. Again...real life stuff might have dictated it, but it was nice to see the writing I liked on display and things getting tighter connected. That gave momentum and these episodes are literally shooting by with very little drag. Reminds me of those February episodes I loved. And the acting has been on point (even Peter) so well I don't want to miss a minute. Even Willow had a moment there with Carly...proving there might be some trouble in that boring 'paradise' she's in. But...back to the nitpick lol...they really should have found a way to bring in followup to the Savoy stuff with Curtis. Which could have easily been brought into the art show seamlessly through Portia since she was already worried he was running late. 

And saving the best for last...we know I live for Carly vs Nina scenes. And this one...again not Nina's fault...again show how this is just not going to work. Wiley loves both of his grandmothers. And it seem clear to me that Carly is trying to butter Phyllis up. So I liked Phyllis being straight with her. Everyone else is moving on BUT Carly. And while it seems clear 'Mike' still loves Nina...and probably Carly is picking up on it on a subconscious level...Carly is best leaving it alone. But alas...we all know Carly has always been her own worst enemy. I cannot wait for her to shoot herself in the foot. And this build for that has been DELICIOUS. 

PS. THANK YOU for the Dante shower scene. Woof!!!

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I am continuing to really like Cam as Drew. He brings a nice warmth to the role. I liked his interaction with Sam and how emotional she got when she saw him. I also enjoyed his interaction with Scout. She seemed a bit hesitant to be around him at first, because she didn't remember him. But Sam/Dante did a good job of gently explaining a little about his reappearance. They made Scout feel safe which made her less afraid of Drew. When he gave her the unicorn that also made her more receptive towards him. I look forward to watching Cam's Drew interact with Scout. Cam has always been good with kids going back to his days on All My Children. I am looking forward to watching him interact with more of the cast especially Monica and the Q's.

I also liked the Marshall/TJ and Curtis scenes. Marshall did seem a bit theatrical lol, when he kept dancing around who he was at first with TJ. But I'm glad that the truth came out. I'm not surprised that TJ was much more accepting of him than Curtis was. That just seems like that's something TJ would do, it fits his personality.

I also liked the scenes with Sonny/Anna. And it looks like Carly may consider Britt another enemy now that she blames Britt for Jason's death. I do wonder how long Carly will hold onto that animosity towards her. If it will be longer term or if she will let it go sooner, as she finally comes to terms with Jason being gone. (At least for the time being.)

Also, Valentin is definitely angry with Brook Lynn for her lying about Bailey. He had the dog mess up the turkey and insulted her causing Chase to punch him in the face. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Didn't Sam and Dante JUST become official? How is Scout already so attached to Dante? I'm not opposed to them having a bond, and I certainly don't expect her to remember Drew, but show us these things. We've literally never seen Dante and Scout in the same room until the previous episode.

Missing Cameron's Mathison beard very much! He has been a good recast though. I felt bad for him when Scout didn't know who he was. I'm looking forward to seeing who he has chemistry with.

LOL at Britt seeing Carly and immediately walking in the opposite direction. She knew what was coming. I'm so tired of Carly screeching at everyone. I wish Jason had never met you, blah blah blah. Oh please. He invited himself to Greece. It's going to be months of Carly screeching now. Nooooo.

Does Elizabeth get to find out on-screen that her child's father is dead? Probably not. I guess it doesn't matter. They barely showed Sam finding out and she didn't even shed a tear LOL. Also, where are Elizabeth's kids? She's with Finn and Violet, but I guess Aiden is stuck at home making his own turkey for him and Jake.

Drew showing up as the pizza delivery man was really cute.

Scotty and Leisl finally reunited tomorrow.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Neither KM nor Steve ever recovered from the last few years physically; I don't know what bad work Kelly had done or what she's had wrong with her but she's aged at least ten years in one or two. Cameron looks a bit gaunt without the beard he should grow back, but only Kelly looks totally spent. However injured she is these days, Leslie Charleson looked like a million bucks.

I've said this for years, but they let Finola go too emotional on the wrong things. She is a brilliant actress who can play so many facets; she does not need to get weepy when facing down certain bad guys (like Carlos back in the day, or weeping over what she did to him) or when delivering the news about a man like Jason. Anna was police on these streets for many years and she should not be so chummy with Sonny, Jason or the mob just because the writing and IMO at times the actor are more comfortable with her being perceived as favorable to the audience that loves those characters. She should not be tearing up over Jason. She should give it to Sonny straight and sober and not be intimate with him; she was a professional, Jason was a professional, he died, give her condolences, that's it. That's what I loved about a throwaway scene Anders Hove had as Faison with Kimberly McCullough back in 2013, when Robin railed at him about killing Jason; Faison didn't rant or rave or scream, he was dispassionate and gave it to her very candidly. This is the business they're all in, Faison got the drop on him, he's dead, that's it. That is how Anna and Robert should deal with these people, at best.

Edited by Vee

• Members

How many times can the character of Monica go through this?

Was thinking something similar to this.  You'd never know today how much Monica resented Alan's "bastard". BTW this is the best Monica has looked in years. And the mod to history about Scott Baldwin looking after Jason, hard to believe that Scott has tried to put him in jaii over the years!