Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Same. I enjoyed the ending and won't let anyone take away my joy LOL. 

Dee's been a lot more low key in her reactions over the years. I'd love a little more from her to be honest. I did like her trademark little gasp. LOL

Susan Hayes was good today (she's so much better playing understated) and you can tell Bill Hayes is thrilled. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I am assuming Dee was playing it like she misheard him and that's he's mentally ill.   I don't think even Marlena would automatically jump to the fact that he's the devil since no one has literally mentioned it in years until today.  I love that John kept his priest collar.  It makes sense, but it's just so weird because no one has mentioned this stuff in so long.

How does Marlena being possessed by the devil play in to the Sami Brady life story that much?  She was out of town most of it as a runaway.  Johnny should really make Marlena's life story not Sami's since Sami is only like 45 and it's more interesting. 

• Members

Yeah. I mean, I get choosing his mom Sami but at the same time, Marlena's life would make far more of an interesting movie. Hell, both would, really. LOL. And they intersect at many periods, most notably the Reilly period. I love the revisiting of the history either way. For years they ignored the Reilly period (which I could understand for a time) and I knew Ron would be the writer who was all over it lol, for better or worse. (Tomlin touched on the Reilly years a bit with bringing Kristen back)

• Members

The ending was good but I wouldn't have shown the newspaper article or Johnny yelling out marlena had been possessed. Instead we see John with the priest collar and Johnny reading Will script and just say what!!!??

Then the Doug and Marlene scenes. It ruined the "surprise" ending.  Yes Deidre reaction sucked!

• Members

I'm really happy for Bill.  So glad he isn't going to have to play out a depressing dementia storyline.  I saw many people thinking he had it in real life.  Obviously he does not.  I've never seen Doug acting evil in any way before.  Even when he was supposed to be "bad" he was more of a rascal than anything, lol.  Also glad they've calmed Julie down.  Hope that continues.

• Members

I agree. And also agreed on calming Julie down. 

I did see some speculation on social media that he ends up like Father Francis did, in a coma in the hospital. Hope not. I mean, I don't expect him to continue carrying this for months but I hope Doug and Julie aren't pushed off to the side. Guess we'll see.