Michael Nader Passes Away At 76

• Members

Just saw on my Twitter timeline from Michael Fairman that Michael Nader (ex- Dex Dexter Dynasty, Dimitri Marick - AMC) passed away on Monday at his home in Northern California from a untreatable cancer. This year has been rough with a lot of Soap vets leaving this earth. 

Dynasty' and 'All My Children' Star, Michael Nader Passes Away at 76 | Michael Fairman TV

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, dammit.

Nader had a lot of rough years IRL, but he never stopped having that class, presence, intensity and above all that voice. I started watching in his and Erica's heyday together, and I never got over him. Even after what he lost to drugs, he came back strong against all odds and a lot of doubts on AMC 2.0 in 2013, and was a very strong part of the new show after so many years and so much grief. That made me so happy then. I'm glad we got to see him one last time, and that he was able to make everyone remember he was the dark prince.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Michael Nader had  such a tough task, being paired with two icons. Dynasty in particular was a huge climb given how internationally popular the show was at the time, what a huge name Joan Collins was, as well as how difficult it was to find characters who could show other sides to Alexis. Michael made it look effortless, even though that was far from the case. He had such a droll, lived-in wit along with a  real vitality. He knew the material he was playing was ludicrous, but something like a count moving to Pine Valley PA and having his comatose wife wheeled in during a masked ball just ended up seeming natural. 

Even when given material which was meant to make the character a hate figure, like Dimitri's turn as a villain in 1997, he made it worth watching. Even when he was let go in 1999 and was just  given a few flashbacks with Finola Hughes to help ease her into the show, he reminded everyone of what an asset he was, how unique he was .

I'm really glad he got one last chance  to  play Dimitri, in much more positive circumstances. 

• Members

RIP this is such sad news. In my mind he still looks like the pictures above. I’ve been rewatching Bianca’s early 2000s storylines on YouTube and he’s heavily featured in some and it reminds me how great he was.  Too many soap greats are passing. 

• Members

RIP To The Count!!! The love of my life 

Please register in order to view this content

and the true love of Erica Kane's. I will miss him but never forget him.

Michael/Dimitri brought so much to Pine Valley, that was sadly always missing after he left. The Dimitri/Erica pairing was the only time i felt La Kane was apart of a couple that could rival with the greats. I hold his introduction for ushering in the shows second golden era, and for starting my love for Gothic tales and brooding men. I will never forget how hot i was watching Erica walk down that long hallway in Budapest to see his tussy in those tight white pants.