AW: It's being reported Philece Sampler died πŸ™

• Members

I actually kind of liked her as Donna..once the show wrote Donna like Donna..she played the part well.

Β 

However, Renee was her signature role...and from what my late mom told me... Renee vs Julie was as epic as renee vs Anna in those golden years of Days.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm pretty sure it was not Philece's choice to leave.Β 

I still remember (when I was 10) how furious I was that Renee was found upstairs with a literal knife in her back!!! It made me hate DAYS for years and i refused to watch. Since AW was my daytime show, I was thrilled when she joined. She may not have been a great fit (especially with stupid writing that involved Donna and John, a very weak Donna) but I was so happy she was there, Always wanted her to join another show, but it never happened.Β 

• Members

Β 

Β 

Thank you so much for these wonderful shares.
I could never be an interviewer so maybe I shouldn't cast a stone but I really wish these folks would remember they and their stupid jokes are not the ones we are here to listen to.

Was super interesting nevertheless.

• Members

I remember seeing some of her old stuff as Renee on DAYS and finding her luminous and charming. I never understood why they would've dumped her, but I imagine there was a lot of turnover in those years and of course Leeann Hunley became popular too. I had no idea she did so much voice work. Good for her for building a whole new fandom, and RIP.

Β 

• Members

Fans were pretty pissed off about her departure in 1983, judging by the letters sent to the soap columnists.

Β 

When asked, Shelley Curtis said in 1984.Β "I really liked Philece's work, but it was important that somebody major on Days of Our Lives be a victim of the Salem Slasher. It was also important that it be someone not so major and involved in so many storylines that it would necessitate several other characters being killed off."