AW: It's being reported Philece Sampler died 🙏

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh man. What a tragic year for soap stars. [!@#$%^&*]. Loved her. She was miscast as Donna but damn did she own Renee DiMera. What a mistake to kill her. A part of me appreciates she was never resurrected but damn would have been great to have her back.

RIP Philece Sampler. Sigh.

Please register in order to view this content

My heart goes out to her family.

• Members

Please add DAYS to the topic title since Renee was her definitive soap role.

Nelson Aspen (how cool that they were friends) wrote a great tribute to her.

She has left us far too early. The first (and best) DiMera to come to Salem, it is a crying shame she was never brought back to head the family. Rest in peace Philece Sampler and thank you for Renee Dumonde.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Wow so sorry to hear of her passing! 67 is too young. I loved what I saw of her as Renee on Days. I didn’t mind her as Donna when first watching SoapNet reruns it’s too bad she never had another daytime role in the 90s or come back on Days. 

• Members

Philece rocked that scene so hard that Days tried to do it again three years later with Emma and Alex. Jane Windsor played a great bitch, but that scene paled in comparison to this one.

Renee was about three different characters during her span. You could have gotten another decade out of her, easy, just feuding with Anna.

• Members

I saw that Philece was trending, in large part thanks to fans of shows like Digimon. Even as soaps dumped veteran actors as yesterday's news, that community seems to respect their elders. One is on its last days and one is still thriving - there's a lesson to be found here. 

I feel like most of what I have said about Philece involves her AW work, because that's most of what I have seen, but her work (what I have seen) on DAYS was excellent. I can understand why she was so well-regarded by many fans. Her last "telling off" scene she plays beautifully, especially her moments of pain and heartbreak.