B&B: July 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B lacks the range to do social-issue stories. Brad should stick to the trashy, outrageous stuff that’s in his wheelhouse. Scandals, sordid affairs, sex under absurd circumstances.

The major problem is that Brad fails to give payoffs to even the trashy stuff, certainly not since the Beth story concluded. He doesn’t give us the satisfaction of really good high-carb, empty-calorie TV. He writes little self-contained arcs that deflate and sputter at the end like a whoopee cushion, which perhaps makes the show more digestible to the casuals?

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I'm glad Carter and Quinn weren't already dropped as I suspected would happen...they're hot together! Still...that should have been allowed to build more before the reveal. So many missed story beats there that would have made the reveal so much more compelling. Of course, same thing with the Justin story. That should have been building for many months. 

• Members

I wonder where they are going with having Paris move in with Finn/Steffy. Especially right before his parents will show up. If Paris really needed a place to stay they could have had her stay at the Forrester Mansion. She's fond of Eric & the family as a whole doesn't seem to have an issue with her. And may even be "grateful" to her for helping reveal the truth about Quinn/Carter. But they are having her move in with Steffy/Finn. Hmmm...lol. 

• Members

They need to stop having black folks sing on this show. I’m reminded of Timothy D. Stickney’s anecdote in the OLTL oral history. He said he pretended to be tone-deaf so they wouldn’t haul him out to sing at holidays and funerals.